American Autowire 510333 Classic Update Kit, 1967-68 Chevy Truck
67-68 Chevy, 67-68 GMC
The wiring in your Chevy Truck is fifty years old and probably not up to the task anymore. If you need a harness that has both OEM and modern features, this is the one for you. This Classic Update wiring harness from American Autowire allows you to plug into the original gauges and dash accessories, headlights, taillights and heater controls.
The Classic Update Series Harnesses are recommended for modified original vehicles, not OEM restoration projects. Fits 1967-68 Chevy Trucks.
Classic Update Kits give you one of the most complete kits on the market to “Make Wiring THAT Easy”. They are designed for specific year, make, and model configurations. The 1967-1968 Chevy and GMC Truck Kit is no exception.
The kit boasts 19 features making it the most complete system of its type in the industry including:
- A replacement headlight switch with internal 30amp circuit breaker, retention collar nut, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob.
- Fuse box designed to fit in original location with slight firewall modification (template included). All required hardware supplied. New ATO fuse panel allows for easy fuse and circuit breaker accessibility. Harness is laid out and formed to allow for nearly all aftermarket accessories such as; gauge packages, wiper systems, heat, and air conditioning systems, etc.
- Original switch connector bodies
- Steering column connectors can plug directly into most aftermarket steering columns or stock 1967-68 GM columns that use stock GM turn signal switches.
- Separate under dash courtesy lamps for use along with your original dome/interior lighting.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a “cluster harness disconnect” system for easy service and assembly. Original terminals, connectors (another American Autowire exclusive), and light sockets are supplied for stock cluster connections. The system will also connect into most popular aftermarket gauges such as AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, DAKOTA DIGITAL, STEWART WARNER, VDO and others.
- Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness in the stock location and our longer leads allow for stock or custom routing the wires. Rear body wiring includes backup light lead wires with rubber connectors, stop and tail light lead wires with correct light sockets and boot/tube assemblies for Fleetside trucks, or correct connections and terminals to mate with the tail lamp assemblies for Stepside trucks, license plate connection wire, side marker lead and ground wires with lamp sockets, and fuel tank sender wire and connection.
- New floor dimmer switch is provided with extra long mounting screws for ease of installation.
- GM bulkhead connectors for the engine and front light wiring are included (another American Autowire exclusive) and allow for easy installation with original or custom routing.
- Engine wiring includes connectors for original points type as well as H.E.I. distributors. Power and tach connectors supplied for GM H.E.I. distributors. Alternator connectors are supplied for GM “SI” series internally regulated alternators. GM “CS” series alternator adapter is available separately.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads that can be routed for stock or optional appearances. All headlight, park light, and directional light connectors and terminals are provided (including 1967 only parking lamp adapter extensions) along with a switched trigger wire for an electric fan relay.
- Original style light sockets, connectors, terminals, etc. packed into every aspect of this harness, it makes it the most complete system of its type in the industry!
Engine Wiring Kit(PDF)
Rear Body Wiring Kit(PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Mechanical Speedometer Universal Dash Gauge Harness
AutoMeter 5229 Wire Harness for Digital StepperMotor Boost Gauges
AutoMeter 5233 Wire Harness - Full Sweep Elec. Fuel Level Gauges
AutoMeter 5252 Extended Length Wire Harness, Wideband AFR Gauges
Longacre® 52-43534 SMi Pressure Sensor Wire Harness 0-100 psi
Holley EFI 558-436 Terminated Vehicle Harness for Digital Dash
Holley EFI 554-130 EFI Gauge Module
EMi Henchcraft® Mini Sprint Wing Switch Wiring Harness
AutoMeter 5275 Replacement Wire Harness for Elite Press. Gauges
AutoMeter 5276 Wire Harness for Digital StepperMotor Elite Gauges
Q & A
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. talks about the King Bee Headlight and a few conduit options available at Speedway Motors.
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on Painless Wiring to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.
Pat shows off how easy wiring your LS can be with our LS wiring kit.
Unbox our most popular wiring harness with Tim.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back to talk Ford Automatic OverDrive Kickdown brackets and kits.
Testing a 2 or 3 wire speed sensor sounds difficult, but these videos show that it actually is quite easy!
Watch our Steering Column Wiring Guide video for useful tips on wiring your new steering column for your vehicle. Ididit takes you through the wiring process.