American Autowire 510063 1961-64 Chevy Impala OEM Style Wiring Harness
61-64 Chevy Impala, Fuse Block Included, Compatible with GM Column
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
So you finally found that perfect Impala project and the mice decided to make a nest out of the wiring. This harness will replace the original plus it uses a modern fuse panel and also includes the plugs for a newer GM style or your '61-'64 column. The dash harness will hook to your stock gauges but you can also unplug it and use aftermarket gauges. It will allow you to rewire your car the way you want without the pain.
- Replacement headlight switch with internal 30amp circuit breaker included. Retention collar nut, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob are also included.
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher mounted on fuse panel, and horn relay mounted on harness.
- Fuse box designed to fit in original location. All required hardware supplied. New ATO fuse panel allows for easy fuse and circuit breaker accessibility.
- Original switch connector bodies.
- Steering column connectors will plug directly into most after market steering columns as well as 1961-1964 GM columns, which utilize stock GM turn signal switches.
- Along with wiring for your original dome/interior lighting we have included separate under dash light sockets.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a “cluster harness disconnect” system for easy service and assembly. All original terminals, connectors and light sockets are also supplied for original cluster gauges. However, the best aspect of the disconnect system is that any gauge cluster package can be easily and neatly wired in, including AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, DAKOTA DIGITAL, STEWART WARNER, and VDO just to name a few.
- Rear body harness assembly is designed to plug into the main harness in the original location. Flexibility in harness design allows for original or custom routing. Rear body wiring includes backup light lead wires with correct light sockets, stop and tail light lead wires with correct light sockets, license plate lead wires, and fuel tank sender wire and connection. In addition, a complete preassembled trunk lid harness is also included at no extra charge!
- New floor dimmer switch is provided. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
- GM bulkhead connectors for the engine and front light wiring are included and ready for easy installation. Original or custom routing of the new harness is no problem!
- Engine wiring includes connectors for original points type as well as H.E.I. distributors. Power and tach connectors supplied for GM H.E.I. distributors. Alternator connectors are supplied for GM “SI” series internally regulated alternators. GM “CS” series alternator adapter is available separately.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads for special routing when custom under hood appearance is desired. All headlight, park light and directional light connectors and terminals are provided, as well as a switched trigger wire for electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).
- You will find that with our inclusion all the original style light sockets, connectors, terminals, etc. packed into every aspect of this harness, it makes it the most complete system of its type in the industry!
- Color schematics and easy to understand installation instructions included.
- For your information, there were 9 different windshield wiper/washer configurations that were used between 1961 through 1964. This kit supplies the main power feed for those systems. This feed will plug directly into your existing wiper harness or motor assembly exactly as the original did. If you require a new wiper harness for your car, they are available from AAW.
More Like This
American Autowire 510008 Power Plus 20 Circuit Wiring Harness
American Autowire 500450 Center Console Gauge Pod Wiring Harness Kit
Speedway Economy 12 Circuit Wiring Harness
Speedway Universal 22 Circuit Wiring Harness
Painless Wiring 10104 21 Circuit GM Pickup Chassis Wiring Harness
Painless Wiring 10220 28 Circuit Remote Trunk Harness
Painless Wiring 50002 21 Circuit Pro Street Chassis Wiring Harness
Painless Wiring 50003 21 Circuit Pro Street Chassis Wiring Harness
Painless Wiring 21 Circuit Wiring Harness
Painless Wiring 10201 GM 28 Circuit Wiring Harness
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on Painless Wiring to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. talks about the King Bee Headlight and a few conduit options available at Speedway Motors.
Unbox our most popular wiring harness with Tim.
Pat shows off how easy wiring your LS can be with our LS wiring kit.