American Autowire 500481 1955-59 Chevy Pick-up Wiring Harness
55-58 Chevy Truck, 1959 Chevy 3A, 1959 Chevy 3B, 1959 Chevy 3G
- Specifically designed for the 1955-1959 Chevy Pickup truck
- Everything is color coded and includes detailed instructions
- These harnesses plug into many of the original switches and connectors
- A standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay are directly mounted on the fuse panel
- An accessory disconnect provided for connections to power windows, power seats, cruise control, fuel pump, power door locks, extra radio (CB), or optional power accessory
The wiring in your classic pick-up is about fifty years old and probably not up to the task anymore. These harnesses plug into many of the original switches and connectors, but include:
- Modern fuse panel
- Ignition switch
- Headlight switch
- Dimmer switch
- Connectors for tilt columns
- Heavy-duty alternator leads
- Dome lights
- Head and tail lights, etc.
Everything is color-coded and instructions are included - it's a painless process. For 12 Volt upgrades.
- Chevrolet Truck 1955 (Second Series)
- Chevrolet Truck 1956
- Chevrolet Truck 1957
- Chevrolet Truck 1958
- Chevrolet Truck 1959
- Accessory disconnect provided for connections to power windows, power seats, cruise control, fuel pump, power door locks, extra radio (CB), or optional power accessory.
- New floor dimmer switch is provided. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted on fuse panel.
- Fuse box and custom mounting plate are designed for bolt-in under dash installation. All required hardware supplied. Location selected for easy accessibility and clearance of under dash accessories such as all gauge packages, wiper systems, heating and air conditioning systems, and stock original or aftermarket GM tilt steering columns.
- Original dome light wiring as well as additional door jamb switches and under dash lighting are provided.
- Steering column connectors will plug directly into most aftermarket steering columns as well as 1969 and later GM columns which utilize stock GM turn signal switches. The original column can also be wired by using the supplied mating connector and terminals.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a "cluster harness disconnect" system for easy service and assembly. All original terminals, connectors, and light sockets are also supplied for original cluster gauges. However, the best aspect to the disconnect system is that any gauge cluster package can be easily and neatly wired in. This includes AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, DAKOTA DIGITAL, STEWART WARNER, and VDO, just to name a few.
- Heater control panel lighting, power, and blower motor leads are included for original style heaters as well as aftermarket heat and AC updates such as HOTROD AIR, VINTAGE AIR, etc. Connections are also wired in for the glove box and cigarette lighter.
- Replacement headlight switch with internal circuit breaker included. Retention collar nut, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob are also included. Extra connectors and instructions are supplied for installation of original headlight switches.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads for special routing when custom under hood appearance is desired. All headlight, park light, and directional light connectors and terminals are provided, as well as a switched trigger wire for electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).
- Rear body harness assembly is designed to plug into the main harness in the original position utilizing existing retainers. Flexibility in harness design allows for original or custom routing. Both pickup and suburban models are accommodated. Rear body wiring includes backup light wires and mating connectors for backup light leads. License plate lead, connectors, and terminals included. Fuel tank sender wire and terminal included. Leads and terminals included for jamb switches and dome light.
- Engine wiring includes connectors for points type and H.E.I. distributors. Power and tach connectors supplied for GM H.E.I. distributors. Alternator connectors are supplied for GM "SI" series internal regulated and all "one wire"alternators. GM "CS" series alternator connector available separately.
- Engine wiring includes starter and gauge sender leads for water temp, oil pressure, voltmeter, and tach. Heavy 8 gauge alternator leads are supplied. Power circuits are fusible link protected.
- New ignition switch is included. Additional connectors and instructions are provided to use the original ignition switch or column mounted ignition switch..
- Color schematics and easy to understand installation instructions included.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Mechanical Speedometer Universal Dash Gauge Harness
AutoMeter 5229 Wire Harness for Digital StepperMotor Boost Gauges
AutoMeter 5233 Wire Harness - Full Sweep Elec. Fuel Level Gauges
AutoMeter 5252 Extended Length Wire Harness, Wideband AFR Gauges
Longacre® 52-43534 SMi Pressure Sensor Wire Harness 0-100 psi
Holley EFI 558-436 Terminated Vehicle Harness for Digital Dash
Holley EFI 554-130 EFI Gauge Module
EMi Henchcraft® Mini Sprint Wing Switch Wiring Harness
AutoMeter 5275 Replacement Wire Harness for Elite Press. Gauges
AutoMeter 5276 Wire Harness for Digital StepperMotor Elite Gauges
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on Painless Wiring to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. talks about the King Bee Headlight and a few conduit options available at Speedway Motors.
Pat shows off how easy wiring your LS can be with our LS wiring kit.
Unbox our most popular wiring harness with Tim.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back to talk Ford Automatic OverDrive Kickdown brackets and kits.
Testing a 2 or 3 wire speed sensor sounds difficult, but these videos show that it actually is quite easy!
Follow along as Jeff installs an early 700R4 transmission for the big block in his 1967 Chevelle. See how this unit is upgraded and converted to a later 30 spline style.