American Autowire 500481 1955-59 Chevy Pick-up Wiring Harness
55-58 Chevy Truck, 1959 Chevy 3A, 1959 Chevy 3B, 1959 Chevy 3G
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
The wiring in your classic pick-up is about fifty years old and probably not up to the task anymore.These harnesses plug into many of the original switches and connectors, but include:
- modern fuse panel
- ignition switch
- headlight switch
- dimmer switch
- connectors for tilt columns
- dome lights
- head and tail lights, etc.
Everything is color coded and instructions are included - it's a painless process. For 12 Volt upgrades.
- Accessory disconnect provided for connections to power windows, power seats, cruise control, fuel pump, power door locks, extra radio (CB), or optional power accessory.
- New floor dimmer switch is provided. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted on fuse panel.
- Fuse box and custom mounting plate are designed for bolt-in under dash installation. All required hardware supplied. Location selected for easy accessibility and clearance of under dash accessories such as all gauge packages, wiper systems, heating and air conditioning systems, and stock original or aftermarket GM tilt steering columns.
- Original dome light wiring as well as additional door jamb switches and under dash lighting are provided.
- Steering column connectors will plug directly into most aftermarket steering columns as well as 1969 and later GM columns which utilize stock GM turn signal switches. The original column can also be wired by using the supplied mating connector and terminals.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a "cluster harness disconnect" system for easy service and assembly. All original terminals, connectors, and light sockets are also supplied for original cluster gauges. However, the best aspect to the disconnect system is that any gauge cluster package can be easily and neatly wired in. This includes AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, DAKOTA DIGITAL, STEWART WARNER, and VDO, just to name a few.
- Heater control panel lighting, power, and blower motor leads are included for original style heaters as well as aftermarket heat and AC updates such as HOTROD AIR, VINTAGE AIR, etc. Connections are also wired in for the glove box and cigarette lighter.
- Replacement headlight switch with internal circuit breaker included. Retention collar nut, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob are also included. Extra connectors and instructions are supplied for installation of original headlight switches.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads for special routing when custom under hood appearance is desired. All headlight, park light, and directional light connectors and terminals are provided, as well as a switched trigger wire for electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).
- Rear body harness assembly is designed to plug into the main harness in the original position utilizing existing retainers. Flexibility in harness design allows for original or custom routing. Both pickup and suburban models are accommodated. Rear body wiring includes backup light wires and mating connectors for backup light leads. License plate lead, connectors, and terminals included. Fuel tank sender wire and terminal included. Leads and terminals included for jamb switches and dome light.
- Engine wiring includes connectors for points type and H.E.I. distributors. Power and tach connectors supplied for GM H.E.I. distributors. Alternator connectors are supplied for GM "SI" series internal regulated and all "one wire"alternators. GM "CS" series alternator connector available separately.
- Engine wiring includes starter and gauge sender leads for water temp, oil pressure, voltmeter, and tach. Heavy 8 gauge alternator leads are supplied. Power circuits are fusible link protected.
- New ignition switch is included. Additional connectors and instructions are provided to use the original ignition switch or column mounted ignition switch..
- Color schematics and easy to understand installation instructions included.
More Like This
American Autowire 500467 1947-54 Chevy Pick-up Wiring Harness
Auto Meter 5226 Wire Harness for Digital Stepper Motor Temp Gauges
Auto Meter 5227 Wire Harness for Digital Stepper Motor Pressure Gauges
Auto Meter 5232 Wiring Harness for Wideband Air/Fuel PRO Gauges
Auto Meter 5275 Replacement Wire Harness for Elite Pressure Gauges
Auto Meter 5276 Wire Harness for Digital Stepper Motor Elite Gauges
Auto Meter 9133 Wideband Sensor Kit for Ultimate DL Tachometers
69-72 Nova Complete Wiring Kit Nova Wiring
M&H Electric 11855 Console Manual Trans w/ Gauges, 1968 Camaro
M&H Electric 5785 Dash wiring Harness w/Gauges, 1964 Chevelle
Q & A
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. talks about the King Bee Headlight and a few conduit options available at Speedway Motors.
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on Painless Wiring to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.
Unbox our most popular wiring harness with Tim.
Pat shows off how easy wiring your LS can be with our LS wiring kit.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back to talk Ford Automatic OverDrive Kickdown brackets and kits.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. talks about the CPP Hydroboost Brake System.
Steering column wiring does not need to terrify as many people as it does. it is actually very simple, all that is needed is time, patience, and tips like you will find if here!