American Autowire 500423 1955-1956 Chevy OEM Style Wiring Harness
55-56 Bel Air, 55-56 One-Fifty Series, 55-56 Two-Ten Series, 55-56 Nomad, 55-56 Sedan Delivery
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
If you need a harness that has both OEM and modern features, this is the one for you. This Classic Update wiring harness from American Autowire allows you to plug into the original gauges and dash accessories, headlights, taillights and heater controls.
Included are connectors for most aftermarket gauges, steering columns, air conditioning, power windows, locks and seats and stereos. Headlight, ignition and dimmer switches included. For use with 1955-1956 Chevy passenger cars, wagons and Nomads only.
This harness makes use of the stock key and tumbler. If a new key and tumbler are needed, they are available from the manufacturer.
910-50423 Instructions (PDF)
Dash Panel Wiring (PDF)
Park/Headlamp Connection (PDF)
Rear Body Wiring (PDF)
Engine & Starter Kit (PDF)
Front Light Wiring (PDF)
Dimmer Switch Wiring (PDF)
Headlight Switch Wiring (PDF)
Courtesy Lamp Wiring (PDF)
Ignition Switch Wiring (PDF)
- Original headlight bucket grommets, parking light weatherproof boot, tube assemblies, and light sockets are included. Extra long leads are supplied for custom routing.
- Accessory disconnect provided for connections to power windows, power seats, cruise control, fuel pump, power door locks, extra radio (CB), or optional power accessory.
- New floor dimmer switch is provided. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mounted dimmer switch.
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted on fuse panel.
- Fuse box and custom mounting plate are designed for bolt-on, under dash installation. All required hardware supplied.
- Steering column connectors will plug directly into most aftermarket steering columns as well as 1969 and later GM columns which utilize stock GM turn signal switches. The original column can also be wired by using the supplied mating connector and terminals.
- Heater control panel lighting, power, and blower motor leads are included for original style heaters as well as aftermarket heat and AC updates.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a “cluster harness disconnect” system for easy service and assembly. All original terminals, connectors, and light sockets are also supplied for original cluster gauges.
- Replacement headlight switch with internal circuit breaker, retention collar nut, adjustable length shaft, custom knob, extra connectors, and instructions are included.
- Original design rear body weatherproof boot and tube assemblies and original design light sockets make attachment to original or reproduction tail light assemblies an easy plug-in.
- Rear body harness assembly is designed to plug into the main harness in the original under dash position utilizing existing retention clips. License plate connectors and terminals included. Fuel tank sender wire and terminal included. Special terminals included for original.
- New ignition switch is included with indexed connector. Additional connectors and instructions are provided to use the original 1955-56 and 1957 ignition switches, original style door jamb switches, and overhead dome light.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads for special routing when custom under hood appearance is desired. All headlight, park light, and directional light connectors and terminals are provided, as well as a switched trigger wire for electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).
- Engine wiring includes connectors for points type and HEI distributors. Power and tach connectors supplied for GM HEI distributors. Alternator connectors are supplied for GM “SI” series internal regulator and “one wire” alternators.
- Engine wiring includes starter and gauge sender leads for water temp, oil pressure, and tach. Heavy 8 gauge alternator leads are supplied. Power circuits are fusible link protected.
- Color schematics and easy to understand installation instructions included.
More Like This
Painless Wiring 20107 1955-1957 Chevy 21 Circuit Wiring Harness
Painless Wiring 20106 1955-57 Chevy 28 Circuit Wiring Harness
American Autowire 500695 Highway 22 Circuit Wiring Harness
American Autowire 500703 Highway 15 Circuit Wiring Harness
American Autowire 510004 Power Plus 13 Circuit Wiring Harness
American Autowire 510008 Power Plus 20 Circuit Wiring Harness
American Autowire 500450 Center Console Gauge Pod Wiring Harness Kit
Speedway Economy 12 Circuit Wiring Harness
Speedway Universal 22 Circuit Wiring Harness
Painless Wiring 10104 21 Circuit GM Pickup Chassis Wiring Harness
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on Painless Wiring to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. talks about the King Bee Headlight and a few conduit options available at Speedway Motors.
Unbox our most popular wiring harness with Tim.
Pat shows off how easy wiring your LS can be with our LS wiring kit.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back to talk Ford Automatic OverDrive Kickdown brackets and kits.
Are you a collector of automotive signs? This is a DIY project where you will learn how to convert a hardwired sign to a plug in. Jess M. explains each step to get the job done!
There are a few things to consider when you're ready to select a wiring harness for your street rod. From selecting the correct wire harness, starting the installation, to having the right tools for the job, we can walk you through it.