AFCO 3870R Eliminator Rear Double Adj. Shock, 7 In Stroke-Ford/Mercury
53-62 Chevy, 67-69 Chevy, 74-02 Chevy, 66-93 Ford, 72-86 Mercury, Twin Tube Shock Type
AFCO Eliminator Twin Tube Adjustable REAR shocks are built specifically for drag racing. Using advanced onboard diagnostics, AFCO developed the Eliminator Series to precisely control your race car at every point on the track. With the easy-to-use, repeatable "click" settings, this shock will give you unsurpassed traction.
By allowing full control over both compression and rebound forces, Double Adjustable shocks give the tuner the ability to fine tune every aspect of the chassis movement to provide the ultimate in acceleration control and overall driveability.
- Body Mount: Tie Bar Mount w/ 2.375" bolt centers
- Shaft Mount: 9/16" Stud (3-1/8" length, 1-1/8" threads, 1-3/4" washers)
See Applications tab for Ford-Mercury chassis fittment.
Item DetailsDouble Adjustable
13.90" Comp, 20.90" Ext
Warning - The chart below is a general guide only. We highly recommend you measure your chassis for proper length and mount points before ordering.
- '72-'79 Fairlane - Torino
- '66-'70 Falcon
- '65-'86 Fullsize
- '81-'82 Granada
- '79-'93 Mustang
- '72-'79 Ranchero
- '67-'79 T-Bird
- '79-'86 Capri
- '80-'82 Cougar
- '74-'79 Cougar
- '65-'86 Fullsize
- '72-'76 Montego
- The rebound adjustment is the most critical in tuning a drag racing set-up. This adjustment allows the tuner to dial in the "un-loading action" of the chassis and keep the tires planted during the critical first 60' down the track.
- Double adjustable shocks are the ultimate tool in the chassis tuner's arsenal. The double adjustments of both compression and rebound dampening are completely independent - changing the setting of one has no effect on the setting of the other.
- Can be used as a coil-over shock with 106-20135D coil-over hardware kit (purchase separate).
- Lightweight aluminum construction also helps dissipate heat
- Rebound settings are adjusted via a shaft-mounted knob with 32 clicks
- Compression settings are adjusted via a body-mounted know with 32 clicks
- Smooth, Ultra Low Friction rod guide
- Low resistance allows internals to function to their fullest potential
- Almost no "stiction" to interfere with putting the power down
- Coil-over Ready w/ purchase of kit 106-20135D
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
AFCO 3875CR Pro Touring Single Adjustable Rear Shock, Ford/Mercury/GM
AFCO 6875R 6875R Reactor Rear Drag Shock, Ford/Mercury, 7 Inch Stroke
Competition Engineering C2700 Adjustable Drag Shock
KYB 343135 Excel-G Rear Gas Shock, 8.27 Stroke, 20.28 Ext, 12.01 Comp
Lakewood 40301 Rear Drag Shock, 50/50, AMC/Ford/GM
KYB KG4515 Gas-a-Just Front Shock, 4.92 Stroke, 14.57 Ext, 9.65 Comp
KYB KG5521 Gas-a-Just Rear Shock, 7.76 Stroke, 20.08 Ext, 12.32 Comp
KYB 343128 Excel-G Front Gas Shock, 5.71 Stroke, 15.16 Ext, 9.45 Comp
Lakewood 40101 Drag Shock, Ford/GM/Mopar, Front 90/10
Competition Engineering C2610 Adjustable Drag Shock, 1957-86 Ford/GM
Q & A
Tim talks about what options we have for hot rod shocks.
Kyle Vanover discusses how dents affect racing shocks. Learn how monotubes and twin tubes are affected by damage differently.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. talks about shock ends.
Call Our Experienced Shock Techs For Details At 800.979.0122. Shipping Information ... Have Your Shocks Dyno Tested To Ensure Optimum Performance!
Follow along as Kyle Vanover share tips on how to keep your shocks clean.
Kyle Vanover explains the results of tires rubbing on shocks. Check out this video and give the Speedway Motors Shock Tech department a call for assistance.
Get a good foundation on racing shocks and their different functions. Learn about the fundamentals and the pros and cons between various types of shocks available.