AFCO 3870CR-1 Pro Touring Double Adjustable Rear Shock, Chevy / GM
82-02 Chevy S10, 82-90 GMC S15, Twin Tube Shock Type, Aluminum Shock Body Material
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 3 business days for AFCO to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
AFCO Pro Touring Shocks provide bolt-on high performance handing for your Tri-Five Chevy. These twin-tube shocks are built around a lightweight billet aluminum body housing a low friction rod guide for consistent, fade-free performance. Adjustments are made with a simple click of the knob.
- 7" Stroke - 13.90" Comp - 20.90" Ext
- 15.50"-18.50" Shock eye-to-eye Length @ Ride Height
- 100% Bolt On (Stock Mount)
- Gives you Total Control over your cars handling capabilities
- Compression adjustment controls bump and "front end feel" during cornering
- Rebound adjustment controls body roll and properly dampens spring for overall handling synergy
- Factory Dyno Tested for performance
- Made in the USA
Note: You may need to "slot" the tie bar mount.
For application information see Application tab.
- 1972-77 Chevy Vega
- 1975-80 Chevy Monza (and equivalent GM H-Body).
- 1982-1996 Chevy Blazer, S-10 pickup, GMC Jimmy, and Sonoma pickup (2WD only).
- 1965-1986 Chevy Impala, Bel Air, Caprice, Biscayne, and equivalet Buick-Oldsmobile-Pontiac GM B-Body.
- 1968-72 Chevy Nova w/ Multileaf Springs (may need to "slot" tie bar mount)
- 1968-72 Chevy Nova w/ Monoleaf Springs (check extended & compressed dimensions)
- 1973 Chevy Nova w/ H.D. Rear** (may need to "slot" tie bar mount)
- ** For 1973 Nova w/ Non-H.D. Rear use shocks 106-3875CF or 106-3870CF.
- 1955-57 Chevy Fullsize
- 1964-87 El Camino
- 1964-83 Chevelle, Malibu
- 1970-88 Monte Carlo
- (Buick, Olds, Pontiac, Equivalent Body for most years)
Be sure to check extended & compressed dimensions.
NotesDouble Adjustable (Rebound & Compression)
Double adjustable shocks are the ultimate tool in the chassis tuner's arsenal. The Double adjustments of both compression and rebound dampening are completely independent - changing the setting of one has no effect on the setting of the other. By allowing full control over both compression and rebound forces, this shock gives the tuner the ability to fine tune every aspect of chassis movement to provide the ultimate in acceleration control and overall driveability.
More Like This
AFCO 6875R-1 Reactor Rear Drag Shock, Chevy/GM, 7 Inch Stroke
Lakewood 40100 Drag Shock, 90/10, Front, GM, A/G, Body
Lakewood 40120 Drag Shock, 70/30, Front, GM
QA1 TD505 Stocker Star Shock, Front, 13.5/8.75 Ext/Comp, GM A/F/G/X-Body
QA1 TN505 Stocker Star A NA Shock, Front, GM A/F/G/X-Body
QA1 TS804 Stocker Star Shock, Rear, S10
QA1 TN901 Stocker Star A NA Shock, 23.87/14.87 Ext/Comp, GM Truck/Chrysler
QA1 TR505 Stocker Star R-Series Shock, Front, GM A/F/G/X-Body
QA1 TD804 Stocker Star Smooth Body Shock, 82-03 Chevy S-10 Pickups
QA1 TN804 Stocker Star Non-Adj Shock For use with 82-03 Chevy S-10
Q & A
Tim talks about what options we have for hot rod shocks.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. talks about shock ends.
Call Our Experienced Shock Techs For Details At 800.979.0122. Shipping Information ... Have Your Shocks Dyno Tested To Ensure Optimum Performance!
How to remove shock rod end and install bump rubber/bump cup.
AccuAir and Speedway Motors team up to bring you a video series explaining the basics of air suspension. Watch these videos to get a better understanding of air suspension.
Tim demonstrates a quick and easy solution to removing dents in your sprint car torsion tube. Check out this video for a simple fix to a common problem.