AFCO 30030 Big Gun 1979-04 Mustang Double Adjustable Front Drag Strut
79-04 Ford Mustang
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
The AFCO double adjustable strut has been designed to exceed the need in the drag market. In most applications and classes, controlling weight transfer is key to making successful passes. Racers and chassis builders across the market requested a strut that can be used to control front end travel hydraulically instead of mechanically with a chain or cable. The engineering team at AFCO nailed it. The AFCO Big Gun strut offers tuners the ability to “lock down” the front suspension to create a smooth weight transfer event.
This double adjustable strut from AFCO is engineered for use with 1974-2004 Mustangs. Its superior valving technology eliminates huge wheelies and the click by click adjustment allows you to know exactly where your valving is set. These drag racing struts offer more damping control and adjustment range than any other strut currently available.
- Double adjustable design - dial in your chassis
- “Lock Down” BIG GUN valving including the best front-end control on the market
- Click by click adjustment
- Fully independent compression and rebound adjustments
- 35mm piston diameter; up to 37% larger than competition
- Exclusive bolt-on spacer system for easy installation on all SN-95 or Fox Body spindles (part #30030 only)
- Indexing compression adjuster for increased clearance options at the base of the strut
- Custom valving available; widest possible range in the industry
- BNC Compression valving to smooth out wheelies
- CAD designed and FEA optimized
- Rebuildable and revalvable as needed
- Locking coil-over kit included
- Sold each
More Like This
AFCO 30033 Big Gun 2005-14 Mustang Double Adjustable Front Drag Strut
AFCO 30022 1979-2004 Mustang Street/Strip Front Strut
AFCO 30029SP Non Adjustable Strut for 1979-93 Mustang
QA1 C013M M Series Strut Cartridge, 14.7/20.7 Comp/Ext, 3-3M Valving
QA1 C015-2M M Series Strut Cartridge, 14.7/20.7 Comp/Ext, 5-2M Valving
QA1 C015-3M M Series Strut Cartridge, 14.7/20.7 Comp/Ext, 5-3M Valving
QA1 C013-8M M Series Strut Cartridge, 14.7/20.7 Comp/Ext, 3-8M Valving
QA1 C014-3M M Series Strut Cartridge, 14.7/20.7 Comp/Ext, 4-3M Valving
QA1 C014M M Series Strut Cartridge, 14.7/20.7 Comp/Ext, 4M Valving
QA1 C015-13C M Series Strut Cartridge, 14.7/20.7 Comp/Ext, 5-13C Valving
Q & A
How to remove shock rod end and install bump rubber/bump cup.
AccuAir and Speedway Motors team up to bring you a video series explaining the basics of air suspension. Watch these videos to get a better understanding of air suspension.
Tim demonstrates a quick and easy solution to removing dents in your sprint car torsion tube. Check out this video for a simple fix to a common problem.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. talks about shock ends.
Tim talks about what options we have for hot rod shocks.
An outline of different types of AFCO small body shocks and the functionality of how they work.