AEM 50-1005 400LPH Inline High Flow Fuel Pump
Universal Fit, External Electric Fuel Pump Type, 102 GPH / 385 LPH Free Flow Rate
AEM's 400LPH AN Fittings High Flow, High-Pressure Fuel Pump is designed for high performance naturally aspirated and forced induction EFI vehicles. It can be installed externally or in-tank using optional hardware that is sold separately (see Images tab and part numbers, below). It utilizes the industry standard “044 Style” envelope and -10 AN female inlet and -6 AN female outlet connections for easy installation on new applications and for quick replacement of existing competitor fuel pumps. The 50-1005 fuel pump delivers incredible performance and value.
AEM’s 400LPH High Flow, High-Pressure Fuel Pump is capable of supporting over 1,200 HP normally aspirated and a whopping 860 HP at 30 psi boost!* It flows 400LPH (100 gph) at 40 PSI, 340LPH (90 gph) at 73 PSI, and 270LPH (71 gph) at 120 PSI. Complete flow curves from 35 to 120 PSI and current draw vs. fuel pressure charts are available in the Specs tab.
The AEM 400LPH AN Fittings High Flow Fuel Pump is rated for use with ethanol-blended fuels, (E85/E90) and all types of gasoline, but pump life will be diminished if used with 100% ethanol fuels. The inlet thread is a -10 AN female ORB (O-ring port fitting) and the discharge is a female -6 AN ORB (O-ring port fitting).
A male -6 to -8 AN discharge fitting with integral high-pressure check valve, terminal nuts, terminal boots, and installation instructions are included. Optional accessories that are sold separately include a -10 ORB fitting inlet pre-filter (for use with in-tank installations), and both -8 and -6 discharge adapters without integral check valves. Accessory fittings are hard anodized.
- Designed for high output naturally aspirated and forced induction EFI vehicles
- Popular “044 Style” physical configuration but with AN inlet & discharge port connections
- Maintains very high flow even at boosted fuel pressures; 340LPH @ 73 PSI (30 psi boost)
- Installs externally or in-tank
- Each pump individually tested to flow minimum of 400LPH (100gph) @ 40 PSI
- Compatible with Flex Fuel (E85/E90) and all types of gasoline (100% Alcohol fuels may diminish fuel pump life)
- Kit includes fuel pump, -6 to -8 male AN discharge fitting with check valve, terminal nuts & boots, instructions
- Optional -10 ORB fitting pre-filter, -6 and -8 discharge adapters without the integral check valves
Optional Inline High Flow Fuel Pump Accessories
- 50-200-06: -6AN Discharge Fitting
- 50-200-08: -6AN to -8AN Discharge Fitting with Integral Check Valve
- 50-200-10: -10AN Inlet Port Fitting
- 50-200-11: -10AN Inlet Port Filter
- 50-200-86: -6AN to -8AN Discharge Fitting
*Power rating is given using gasoline and assuming a base fuel pressure of 43 PSI, 13.5v at the pump, 6.2 lbs/gal with a BSFC of 0.65. Boost fuel pressure is assumed to be the base pressure of 43 PSI + boost pressure. Flow capability for horsepower support is ultimately dependent on fuel hose diameter, and system electrical voltage and amperage capabilities.
Your vehicle’s factory fuel pump wiring may not be adequate enough to handle the current draw of AEM’s High Flow Fuel Pump. Please refer to the Electrical Requirements section in the instructions document for proper wiring.
Although AEM’s High Flow Fuel Pumps are the same physical size as many OEM fuel pumps, they may not be appropriate for a specific application. It is imperative that you check the fuel pump sizing for your vehicle before purchasing an AEM High Flow Fuel Pump.
AEM does not condone or approve of the modification of a tank to accommodate a High Flow Fuel Pump and cannot guarantee the pump’s performance or operation if any modifications are made.
- Weight: 35.8oz (1015 grams)
- Outside Diameter: 60mm OD
- External Materials: Black plated steel with laser etching, with zamac discharge end cap
- Inlet Fitting: -10AN 7/8"-14 Female
- Outlet Fitting: -6AN 9/16"-18 Female
- PRV Activation: 150 PSI
- Impeller Design: Roller vane with ceramic end plate
- Connector Terminal: 6mm stud positive, 5mm stud negative
- Min Voltage Input: 10 volts
- Max Voltage Input: 18 volts
- Current Draw (40 psi): 9.73 amps no check valve, 10.68 amps with check valve (13.5v)
- Current Draw (120 psi): 16.07 amps no check valve, 17.13 amps with check valve (13.5v)
- Fuse: 25 amps (13.5v)
* Power rating given at 43 PSI, 13.5v at the pump terminal with a BSFC of .5. Flow capability for horsepower support is ultimately dependent on fuel hose diameter, and system electrical voltage and amperage capabilities.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for AEM Electronics to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
AEM 50-1009 400lph Inline High Flow Fuel Pump
AEM 50-1000 Hi Flow Fuel Pump
AEM 50-1200 E85 Hi Flow Fuel Pump
AEM 50-1220 E85 Hi Flow Fuel Pump
AEM 50-1225 E85 Compatible Fuel Pump
AEM 50-1215 E85 Hi Flow Fuel Pump
Holley 12-1200 130 GPH Dominator In-Line Billet Fuel Pump
Holley 12-1600 160 GPH Dominator In-Line Billet Fuel Pump
Holley 12-1800 200 GPH Dominator In-Line Billet Fuel Pump
Holley 12-800 80 GPH HP In-line Fuel Pump
Q & A
Check out episode 9 of our 410 Sprint Car Build series! Today, the guys are having some fun with the fuel system.
Learn how to replace a fuel sending unit. Our fuel gauge sending unit guide and installation video covers all you need to match your fuel sender and gauge.
Pat talks about our Tanks Inc. EFI fuel tanks.
Learn how to choose between an electric or mechanical fuel pump. We help you choose the right pump in order to properly design a performance fuel system.
In this Tech Tip, John offers up a couple solutions to a customer wanting the best electric option to fuel his project.
For most, an electric fuel pump can be a choice of form over function, but for others, it may be the best option. In this article, you will learn the advantages of using an electric fuel pump and how to install it in your car.
Check out our new products we have on display at the 50th anniversary NSRA Street Rod Nationals and some new products from some of our favorite vendors.