CD-7 Carbon Flat Panel Digital Dash Displays have a compact enclosure that makes them perfect for flush-mount installation or in-dash installations with tight tolerances. They include all of the robust features found in the original CD-7 Carbon Dash, but do not have buttons or an LED shade hood built into the enclosure.
CD-7 Carbon Flat Panel Digital Dash Displays feature full-color, daylight readable screens surrounded by a slim, tough, lightweight flow-molded carbon fiber composite housing. Seven ultra-bright LEDs span the top of the display housings for RPM and shift light indication. Users can program them to ascend in specific increments based on RPM range and flash when it is time to shift. Brightness is user programmable on the fixed color LEDs. A remote button kit (PN 30-3610, sold separately) easily wires into the CD Carbon wiring harness and allows users to change pages and clear memory. Two additional programmable LEDs are included in the enclosure and are fully programmable.
Four CD Carbon Flat Panel packages are available:
- PN 30-5700F, CD-7F Carbon Flat Panel Non-Logging/ Non-GPS Display
- PN 30-5701F, CD-7FL Carbon Flat Panel Logging Display
- PN 30-5702F, CD-7FG Carbon Flat Panel Non-Logging Display
- PN 30-5703F, CD-7FLG Carbon Flat Panel Logging Display with Internal GPS
- Full color 7” screen with 800x480 resolution
- Direct sunlight readable (1000cd/m2 brightness and anti-glare filter)
- Layout files interchangeable between all CD Carbon Dashes
- Wiring interface/harnesses are identical between all CD Carbon Dashes
- Rugged, lightweight flow-molded carbon fiber composite enclosure
- IP66 water resistance – open cockpit safe
- Accepts channels from AEMnet CAN-enabled devices and non-AEM CAN bus devices side by side
- Seven programmable pages including four Main pages, Alarm, On-Change and Start-up pages (requires Button Kit PN 30-3610)
- Dedicated Alarm page quickly identifies problems, programmable in almost any language! (user-defined)
- Unique On-Change page can be used to identify map switching for boost, traction, lap times, etc.
- Use the included page layouts and input your channels and text, or create your own from scratch
- Free DashDesign Graphics Editor software
- Seven LED RPM/shift light indicators on top of the housing (programmable and dimmable)
- Two programmable LEDs
- Odometer function
- Over 200 supplied fully programmable SAE and custom warning icons, and you can add your own
- ‘Headlight-in’ connection dims the dash and LEDs during night operation
- Two extra switch inputs included for displaying user-triggered events (blinkers, high beams, etc.)
- User-supplied graphics can be changed based on channel values (up to the full-screen size)
- Convert CAN bus channel values to user-defined text
- Plug & Play Adapter Cables available for Holley, Link, MSD Atomic, and Vi-Pec ECUs
- Accepts channels from 2008-up factory ECUs using Plug & Play OBDII CAN Adapter Cable (PN 30-2217, sold separately)
- Install on carbureted and pre-2008 stock ECU-equipped vehicles using a 22 Channel CAN Sensor Module (PN 30-2212) or 6 Channel CAN Sensor Module (PN 30-2226)
- Install 8 additional temp inputs and send them to the CD-7 Carbon with our 8 Channel K-Type EGT CAN Module (PN 30-2224, sold separately)
- Available with or without 200Mb internal logging (up to 1,000Hz/channel)
- Available with or without onboard 20 Hz GPS receiver and antenna
- Add Vehicle Dynamics Module for GPS, 3-axis gyroscope and 3 axis accelerometer for G-loads, roll, pitch, yaw, track mapping and lap timing (PN 30-2206, sold separately)
In addition to all of AEM's CAN based products, AEM has available validated and confirmed CAN setups for the following 3rd party products. We currently have over 250 validated 3rd party applications, and include a CD Dash Power Cable to simplify the installation of 3rd party devices. We have also developed 3rd Party Plug & Play Adapter Cables for certain applications, which are highlighted below and can be viewed on our Install Kits tab.
A 2-Way DTM Style termination receptacle plug will be needed to create an adapter harness if a Plug & Play Adapter Harness is not available. We supply DTM-style connectors that can be viewed on the the DTM-Style Connector kits page. The required 2-Way DTM-Connector Kit part number is 35-2620, and it can also be found on the Buy/Instructions tab.
- Adaptronic M1200, M2000, M6000 ECUs Watch the install video!
- Adaptronic Modular series Plug-in ECUs Watch the install video!
- Autosport Labs, AnalogX 4 Channel Analog to CAN Module
- BigStuff GEN4 Pro Xtreme ECUs
- Bosch IMU 2-Axis Accel & Yaw Sensor
- Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 Electronic Fuel Injection
- EMS EM-Tech EM70, EM80, EM140, EM160 & EM180 ECUs
- FAST XFI 2.0 ECU
- gaugeART 31-001, 8 Ch Analog Expansion Module
- GM/Delphi MEFI-4b ECUs
- Haltech Elite 550, 750, 950, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, 2500T ECUs
- Haltech Elite VMS, VMS-T
- Haltech Platinum Pro, Platinum Sport and Platinum Sprint ECUs
- Haltech WBC1 & WBC2, 1 & 2 Ch CAN widebands
- Holley HP EFI, Dominator EFI ECUs CD-7 to LinkG4+ ECUs Plug & Play Adapter Cable Available Watch the install video!
- Holley Sniper & Super Sniper EFI Kits
- Hondata KPro4 and S300 V3 ECUs Watch the install video!
- KMS MD35 ECU
- KMS Single Ch CAN wideband
- KMS 4 Ch EGT Module
- KMS 4 Ch Wheelspeed Module
- KMS 2 Ch DBW Module
- KMS Flex Fuel CAN Module
- Life Racing F42, F88, F90 & GDI Series ECUs
- Link G4+ based ECUs CD-7 to LinkG4+ ECUs Plug & Play Adapter Cable Available
- MicroSquirt ECU
- Megasquirt MS3, MS2, DIYPNP, MSPNP Gen2 ECUs
- MicroTech LT-9C, LT-10C, LT-15C & LT-16C ECUs
- Motec M1, M84, M400, M600, M800, & M880 ECUs
- Motec PDM15, PDM16, PDM30 & PDM32 Power Distribution Modules
- Motec PLM Lambda Module
- Motec LTC, LTCD Lambda to CAN Modules
- Motec E888, E816, CAN Expansion Modules
- MSD AtomicEFI Throttle Body ECUs CD-7 to MSD Atomic TBI Plug & Play Adapter Cable Available
- MSD GRID Programmable Ignition
- PCS EGT-2000, 8 Ch EGT Module
- Performance Electronics PE3 Series ECUs
- Polaris RZR XP-900, RZR XP-1000, & RZR XP-Turbo ECUs
- ProEFI Pro128, Pro112, and Pro48 ECUs
- RaceGrade TC8, 8 Ch EGT Module
- RaceGrade 8 Ch and 15 Ch Keypads
- Racepak V300SD, V500SD, Sportsman, G2X, & G2XPro Loggers
- Racepak 220-VM-USM, Universal 4 Sensor Analog Modules
- Racepak 220-VP-IRXXXX, IR Tire & Brake Temp Modules
- Racepak 220-VP-JBXXXX, Exhaust Temp Modules
- Racepak 220-VP-PTXXXX, Pressure Sensor Modules
- Racepak 220-VP-PTXXXX, Wheelie Bar Force Modules
- Racepak 220-VP-RIDEHTXX, Laser Ride Height Modules
- Racepak 220-VP-TCXXXX, Thermocouple Modules
- Racepak 220-VP-TRXXXX, Coolant/Air/Oil/Trans/Diff Temp Modules
- Syvecs S6, S6+, S6I, S8, SDI & S12 ECU’s
- Techmor AC-1-4, 4 Ch Analog Expansion Module
- Techmor IR-1 Non-Contact IR Tire Temperature Module
- Techmor AP-1, 16 Ch Aero Pressure Sensor Module
- Techmor SG-1-C, Strain Gauge Amplifier Module
- Vi-PEC i44-i88 ECUs CD-7 to Vi-Pec i44/i88 ECUs Plug & Play Adapter Cable Available
- Zeitronics Zt-3 CAN AFR Meter and Datalogging System
- Zeitronics ECA CAN Ethanol Content Analyzer
Beyond the CAN setups we have validated, we also have created many CAN setup files that are based on the published 3rd party manufacturers CAN specifications. But be aware that since we have not validated these ourselves you should confirm the file's proper operation before depending on them.
- Bosch Motorsports, MS3.0 Sport, MS4.0 Sport, MS4.3 ECUs
- Bosch Motorsports, LT4 Lambdatronic 4 Ch Lambda Module
- Daytona Sensors HEFI5 2 Ch Lambda Module
- DTAFast S40pro, S60Pro, S80Pro, S100Pro ECUs
- ECUMaster EMU & EMUBlack ECUs
- EFI Technology Italy Euro-8 ECU
- EFI Technology USA X2, X5, R4, R8, & R16 ECUs
- Electromotive TEC3r, TECgt, TECs, & TECm ECUs
- Emerald K6 & K3 ECUs
- EMtron KV8, KV12, KV16, SL4, SL8 ECUs
- Izze Racing, 16 Ch IR Tire & Brake Temp Modules
- Izze Racing, 6 DOF Inertial Measurement Unit
- Life Racing PDU10, PDU16 & PDU32 Power Distribution Modules
- Link CAN-Lambda Module
- Mast Motorsports M90 and M120 ECUs
- MaxxECU Street, Sport, Race & Pro ECU's
- Stack TPMS-Lite & TPMS-Pro Tire Pressure Measurement Systems
- Syvecs PDU10, PDU16 & PDU32 Power Distribution Modules
- Texense IRN4C, IRN8C, 4 Ch & 8 Ch IR Tire Temp Sensors
- Texense THN4x, 4 Ch Thermocouple Module
KEEP IT SIMPLE OR GO HARDCORE
CD-7 Flat Panel Carbon Dashes can simplify the update of an instrument cluster or ease the instrumentation configuration of a new vehicle build. Since the CD-7 Carbon only requires a single cable for power, ground and receiving CAN data, the wiring goes from complex to a simple one plug connection. Street rods, kit cars, and resto-mods using late-model crate engines no longer have to be concerned with adding a full set of gauges and trying to keep the wiring clean, or having to double up sensors on the engine so the ECU and gauges both have data – The CD-7 Carbon Flat Panel Digital Dashboard Display can see everything the ECU is seeing via a single cable connection – and that means so can you!
Want to go hardcore? CD-7 Carbon Flat Panel Digital Dashes make it easy. Add additional sensor data with our 22 Channel CAN Sensor Module, create custom layouts, integrate track mapping and data logging for driver coaching, see predictive and actual lap times and set user-defined prioritized alarms - it's all possible with the CD-7 Carbon Dash. Simple or Hardcore; the choice is yours and the CD-7 Carbon's capabilities are nearly limitless.
VIEW AND LOG DATA FROM OVER 250 CAN-ENABLED DEVICES!
CD Carbon Dashes receive channels from CAN bus inputs and do not require special modules to read AEM and/or non-AEM CAN signals. They communicate with 45 AEM devices, are in-house tested to work with 159 non-AEM devices and we have DBC CAN files for 52 more non-AEM devices. A complete list of validated non-AEM devices is available Here.
LOGGING, TRACK MAPPING, SPEEDO and ODO CAPABILITIES
CD Carbon Dashes are available with a 200MB onboard logger (CD-7FL/FLG), which provides about 24 hours of logging time at up to 1,000 Hz/channel. Individual channel log speeds are adjustable. Creating track maps, viewing/recording lap times and split times, seeing predictive lap times on the display with a live Gain/Loss value, and adding a Speedometer and/or Odometer are all possible with by using a GPS-enabled CD Carbon Dash.
VIEW AND LOG DATA FROM LS CRATE ENGINES!
(Click Here for a Setup Guide with Channels for LS).
VIEW AND LOG DATA FROM 08-UP LATE MODEL STOCK ECUS!
CD Carbon Digital Dash Displays have the ability to read CAN bus data from the OBDII port of 2008-up vehicles with a simple installation of our OBDII CAN Adapter Sub Harness (PN 30-2217).
VIEW AND LOG DATA ON VEHICLES WITH CARBURETORS OR PRE-2008 STOCK ECUS!
AEM’s 22 Channel CAN Sensor Module (PN 30-2212) and 6 Channel CAN Sensor Module (PN 30-2226) lets you get data onto the Dash in a carbureted vehicle or a pre-2008 EFI vehicle using the stock ECU.
ADD 8 ADDITIONAL TEMP INPUTS WITH OUR 8 CHANNEL K-TYPE EGT MODULE
Our 8 Channel K-Type Thermocouple EGT CAN Module (PN 30-2224) allows racers and enthusiasts to install eight K-type thermocouple sensors onto their vehicle and transmit all 8 temp channels to a CD Carbon Digital Dash via a one-plug CAN bus connection.
CAN-BASED ACCELEROMETER & GYROSCOPE FOR G-LOADS, ROLL, PITCH, AND YAW
Racers looking for acceleration forces and vehicle dynamics channels in addition to GPS can purchase a Vehicle Dynamics Module (PN 30-2206). The VDM includes a GPS receiver and antenna, a 3-axis gyroscope for viewing and recording roll, pitch and yaw, and a 3-axis accelerometer for collecting longitudinal, lateral and vertical acceleration.
UNLIMITED ALARMS AND WARNING TEXT
Put an end to obscure warning LEDs! A powerful alarm editor allows you to create warning alerts and alarms for any incoming channel using customizable text in almost any language. We designed a dedicated alarm page that brings your attention to the dash in the event of a potentially catastrophic issue whenever a user-definable condition is met.
SEVEN PAGES TOTAL, ALL CUSTOM CONFIGURABLE
Users can create fully custom layouts and put whatever they want wherever they want on the screen. Templates include seven total pages; a startup page, four main pages, a unique ‘On-Change’ page, and a dedicated Alarm event page.
THREE EVENT TRIGGERED PAGES
Three event-based pages ensure that you do not miss any critical changes to the vehicle’s operating state. One is an alarm page. The CD-7 Carbon Flat Panel Digital Dash will display the alarm page whenever a user-definable condition is met. This page remains active until it is cleared by pressing the left button on the housing.
The second event-based page is an On-Change page. The On-Change page is perfect for knowing what map you are on if you have map switching for different boost levels or traction control, and for viewing lap time, split time, etc., whenever you pass the start/stop beacon on the racetrack (beacon must be configured before racing). It is perfect for seeing user-defined momentary changes without having to add additional channels to your main pages.
The third event page is a Start-Up page that is triggered every time the dash powers up. You can program whatever splash screen graphics you want, such as team, company or sponsor logos and photos.
FREE DASHDESIGN GRAPHICS EDITOR SOFTWARE
DashDesign Screen Editing software is free and unlocked, so you will never pay for additional software features. You can assign incoming channels to the supplied layouts or create your own from scratch, the only limit is your imagination! We provide multiple layouts and themes to accommodate most styles and types of racing.
|MFG. Part #||30-5701F|
|Housing Material||Carbon Fiber|
|Memory Card Included||No|
|Mounting Hardware Included||Yes|
|Wiring Harness Included||Yes|
|Wiring Harness Terminated||Yes|
|Sold in Quantity||Each|