22-Circuit Aftermarket Wiring Harness & 125 Piece Grommet Kit
Universal Fit, 22 Number of Circuits, Fuse Block Included, Compatible with GM Column
- Automotive-grade GXL wires are color coded and labeled every 6 inches to ensure a trouble free installation
- Comprehensive instructions with full color pictures takes the headache out of your wiring project
- GM column wiring plug (ribbon plug) comes pre-wired making it a plug-and-play installation with 1968-96 GM tilt steering columns
- OEM style fuse block with an integrated flasher unit mount delivers a professional appearance
- Pass fuel line, cables and wiring neatly though body panels without the risk of damage
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Our universal wiring harness is the perfect solution for vehicles with no reproduction harness options, custom builds, or the budget-minded DIY builder. This highly versatile wire harness works with nearly any 12-volt vehicle, engine, and transmission combination (carb or EFI, automatic or manual), including engine swaps. Whether you're building an option-loaded car, or just want to have extra circuits available for future updates, this 22-circuit wiring kit has you covered.
A compact fuse box mounts discreetly out of view, or choose an open installation for easy access. Any unused circuits can be bundled up and tucked away under the dash for future use. The harness includes generous 17-foot-long tail light leads for easy mounting in most vehicles, even full-size cars, trucks or vans.
Plug-and-Play with GM Tilt Columns
Wiring up the steering column controls can be a daunting task, but our harness makes it easy. This harness plugs directly into most GM-style tilt steering columns. It connects to aftermarket tilt columns from ididit, Flaming River or Speedway Motors, as well as factory GM tilt columns from 1968-1996 cars, trucks and vans (see our full list of compatible GM columns). If you’re sourcing a column from the junkyard, look for one with a flat “ribbon” plug, either 3-7/8” or 4-1/4” long (with 10 or more wires). Ignition switch plugs to connect “keyed” GM columns are also included in this kit.
Not using a GM tilt column? No problem. This harness easily splices into other steering columns with the included pin-out wiring diagram (it helps to have a wiring schematic for your vehicle here, too). Wires are conveniently bundled and labeled every 6 inches - just take your time and be attentive when splicing it in. Note that this wiring kit includes a GM-style headlight switch, dimmer switch and turn signal flasher for reliable service and easy replacement.
Modern High-Quality Insulated Wire
Patches and splicing are tedious and unreliable. Your car deserves better! Start fresh with modern polyethylene-insulated, stranded bare copper wire. Each harness is constructed from premium quality GXL automotive wiring, with the appropriate wire diameter for each fused circuit (ranging 8 to 16 gauge). Every strand of this wire harness is covered with a high-temperature (-40°F to +257°F) outer coating, color coded, and labeled to aid in a smooth installation for any DIY enthusiast. In other words, you can expect the same quality of automotive wiring used by the big 3 OE manufacturers.
A modern fuse block design gives easy service and fuse replacement. The fuse block arrives complete with modern ATO/ATC blade fuses and a common 2-prong style flasher. No more fragile, corroded glass fuses! Crimp connectors and terminals are included to get you started right away.
Conveniently Bundled Wires
Our universal 22-circuit harness consists of 11 branches that are conveniently bundled, so you can get started right away. Here’s a quick rundown of those branches:
- Engine compartment feed wires (EFI engines will need an additional engine-specific harness)
- Instrument cluster feed wires (mechanical or electric gauges)
- Ignition/Headlight/Dimmer/Turn Signal/Brake Light switch lead wires with connectors
- Radio/Heater/Air Conditioning feed wires
- Rear body feed wires
- Additional accessory wires
The included 7-page instruction booklet, with color printed pictures, covers each of these pre-bundled circuits in detail.
- Perfect for restoration projects, custom vehicles or budget-minded DIY builders
- Universal design for nearly any 12-volt vehicle – great for engine swaps!
- Plug-and-play with 1968-96 GM tilt steering columns (can be spliced into others)
- Connects directly to aftermarket tilt columns from Speedway Motors, ididit & Flaming River
- Works with nearly any engine/transmission combination (carb or EFI, auto or manual)
- Tail light leads are 17 ft. in length; suitable for cars, trucks, longbox pickups, and vans
- Constructed of GXL insulated, automotive-grade copper wiring
- High-temp polyethylene insulation makes it viable in engine compartments
- Includes appropriate wire diameter for each fused circuit (ranging 8 to 16 gauge)
- Compact 5.5” x 4.5” x 3.3” fuse block mounts discreetly out of view
- Two-piece fuse block design makes for easy fuse block removal/service
- Uses modern blade-style ATO/ATC fuses in place of outdated glass fuses
- 22 individually fused circuits, conveniently bundled into 11 “quick start” bales
- Each wire strand is color-coded and labeled every 6” for easy identification
- Includes proven GM-type switches, for easy repair/replacement if needed
- Complete wiring harness kit weighs less than 8 lbs. installed
- 1/8" x 1/4"15 pieces
- 7/32" x 5/16"10 pieces
- 9/32" x 1/2"7 pieces
- 5/16" x 9/16"3 pieces
- 3/8" x 15/32"6 pieces
- 3/8" x 1/2"5 pieces
- 3/8" x 13/16"3 pieces
- 7/16" x 3/4"4 pieces
- 1/2" x 19/32"3 pieces
- 5/8" x 31/32"3 pieces
- 3/4" x 15/16"2 pieces
- 9/32" 20 pieces
- 3/8" 20 pieces
- 1/2"10 pieces
- 5/8"5 pieces
- 3/4" 4 pieces
- 7/8" 3 pieces
- 1"2 pieces
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
22-Circuit Universal Automotive Aftermarket Wiring Harness KitPart # 91064022Qty x 1
Rubber Grommet and Plug Set, 125-Piece AssortmentPart # 94004015Qty x 1
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on Painless Wiring to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. talks about the King Bee Headlight and a few conduit options available at Speedway Motors.
Pat shows off how easy wiring your LS can be with our LS wiring kit.
Unbox our most popular wiring harness with Tim.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back to talk Ford Automatic OverDrive Kickdown brackets and kits.
Testing a 2 or 3 wire speed sensor sounds difficult, but these videos show that it actually is quite easy!
Follow along as Jeff installs an early 700R4 transmission for the big block in his 1967 Chevelle. See how this unit is upgraded and converted to a later 30 spline style.