1970-96 GM 10 Bolt 8 1/2 Inch Ring and Pinion, 8.5 R&P
GM 8.5" 10-Bolt, 1.63" Shaft Diameter, 8.50" Outside Diameter, 30 Spline Count
- Change the gear ratio of your 1970 to 1996 GM car equipped with a 8.5" 10 bolt rear end
- These ring and pinion sets are manufactured to meet exact specifications to ensure a quality product every time
- When replacing a stock 2.56 (or numerically lower) ratio 8.5 Inch Ring and Pinion, the carrier must also be replaced with a 2.73 or higher ratio's carrier
- Uses LH thread ring gear bolts - 7/16"-20 LH such as part number 5502092G
Many 8.5 Inch ring and pinion ratios to choose from.
- 8.50" diameter ring gear
- 1.625" diameter pinion
- For rear axle application that uses 10 ring gear bolts & 10 cover bolts
- 30 pinion splines
- Uses LH thread ring gear bolts - 7/16"-20
- 8.5 R&P
Note: When replacing a stock 2.56 (or numerically lower) ratio 8.5 Inch Ring and Pinion, the carrier must also be replaced with a 2.73 or higher ratio's carrier to compensate for the difference in ring gear thickness.
- Buick Full Size 1977-1996
- Buick Electra 1976-1978
- Regal 1973-1977
- Century 1973-1977
- Skylark, GS 1971-1975
- Skylark, GS 1977-1979
- Chevy Full Size Car 1971-1996
- Chevy II 1971-1979
- Nova 1971-1979
- Camaro 1971-1981
- Firebird TA 1971-1981
- Cutlass 1971-1977
- El Camino 1971-1977
- Monte Carlo 1971-1977
- Impala 1991-1996
- Olds Full Size 1971-1989
- Pontiac Full Size 1971-1989
- Grand Prix 1971-1977
- Lemans 1971-1977
- GTO 1971-1977
- Ventura 1971-1977
WarrantiesNote: Circle track racing applications require a minimum of 4 qts. of rear end lube. Using less than this amount will lead to immediate pinion bearing failure.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
GM 10 Bolt Ring and Pinion Install Kit, 8.5 R&P, 30 Spline
GM Passenger Car 12-Bolt Rear Axle Ring & Pinion Installation Kit
GM 10 Bolt 7.5 Inch Ring and Pinion, 27 Spline, 3 Series
Richmond Gear EXCel F9370 9" Ford Ring & Pinion, 3.70 Gear Ratio
Richmond Gear EXCel F9486 9" Ford Ring & Pinion, 4.86 Gear Ratio
Richmond Gear EXCel F9389 9" Ford Ring & Pinion, 3.89 Gear Ratio
Richmond Gear EXCel F9350 9" Ford Ring & Pinion, 3.50 Gear Ratio
Richmond Gear EXCel F9500 9" Ford Ring & Pinion, 5.00 Gear Ratio
Richmond Gear EXCel F9411 9" Ford Ring & Pinion, 4.11 Gear Ratio
Richmond Gear EXCel F9514 9" Ford Ring & Pinion, 5.14 Gear Ratio
Q & A
Tim talks about our Winters quick change rear end & components.
Learn about the power behind the G-body platform and the steps to upgrade a 7.5" bolt rear end to a 8.5" to withstand high horsepower. See how to change the differential fluid and install new gaskets.
Read up on GM 10 bolt ring and pinion installation instructions. Follow along as our employee Zach installs a GM 10 bolt rebuild kit from Motive Gear.
Need help with rear end identification for your classic car? Learn how to identify 9 inch Ford housings and how to measure your axle with our diagrams.
After installing front brakes, Jeff is now ready for wheels and tires. See how a spacer is used to make his 15" wheels fit just right and a slick way to speed up the sanding and polishing process of the wheel dust caps.
In this Tech Tip, John responds to a customer looking to upgrade the 8” stock differential in his Cougar to a 9” open diff.
A short article explaining the main differences between open and limited slip differentials.