1964-88 GM Power Steering Box, 3/4 Inch 30-Spline Input
Power Steering Box Type, Front Steer Steering Box Orientation, OEM/Stock Steering System Type
Remanufactured GM 800 Series power steering boxes have a 16:1 ratio and were used in midsize GM cars from 1964-1988. Painted black and include -6 AN fittings to make it easier to fabricate hoses if needed. Pitman arm not included. No core return is required.
Note: Not compatible with OEM 45° flare fittings.
- 1965-70 Chevy Full-size
- 1971-76 Chevy Full-size
- 1967-69 Camaro/Firebird
- 1970-81 Camaro/Firebird
- 1964-67 Chevelle/Malibu/A-Body
- 1968-72 Chevelle/Malibu/A-Body
- 1973-77 Chevelle/Malibu/A-Body
- 1968-74 Nova/X-Body
- 1975-79 Nova/X-Body
- 1978-81 Malibu/A-Body
- 1982-88 Monte Carlo/G-Body
This steering box will bolt to and can be utilized with the following steering box mounts:
- 916-32005 Model T-1934 Ford Frame - Steering Box Mount
- 916-32003 1935-41 Ford Frame - Steering Box Mount
- 916-32004 1941-48 Ford Frame Saginaw Steering Box Mount
NotesUsed in GM mid-size cars from 1964-88. Uses -6 AN adapters from 16mm and 18mm O-ring. This is GM "800" box, NOT a "605".
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Tim shows you how to adjust our Speedway Vega Steering box.
Tim talks about power & manual steering vega boxes.
We get a lot of questions about steering parts. Steve talks about some of the steering basics.
Learn some of the main differences between Cross and Traditional Steering. Whether you need a corvair or vega steering box and what will suit your application the best.
Steve takes us along as he centers the 525 manual steering gear he is using for his Laguna.
In this Tech Tip, John shares some tips with a customer about adjusting a steering box he got from us recently.
Our Tech Expert installs an F1 steering box in his roadster to give the steering a traditional feeling. Follow his process from testing fit to welding.