1955-57 Chevy 2 Inch Dropped Spindle/Disc Brake Conversion Kit
Front Position, 4 on 4.75" Bolt Pattern, 10.50 Inch Rotor Diameter, Vented Rotor Type, Natural
- 1955-57 Chevy Dropped Spindle Disc Brake Conversion Kit with master cylinder includes everything needed to upgrade your braking system
- Dropped spindles will not only enhance the rake of your Tri-Five Chevy, they will also improve handling due to the lower roll center
- Dropped spindles maintain factory steering & suspension geometry so original steering arms can be used
- Premium 10-1/2" GM vented brake rotors for excellent stopping power and fade free performance
- Includes 1978 to 1988 GM Metric calipers, brake pads, slide bolts, new bearings, seals, and brake hoses
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Upgrade your Tri-Five Chevy's handling and stopping power with drop spindles and brakes you can count on, all while staying on a budget.
- (1) Pair of 1955-57 Chevy 2" Drop Spindles
- (1) Pair of 1955-57 Metric Caliper Brackets
- (1) Bolt Kit for 1955-57 Drop Spindle to Metric Caliper
- (2) 1979-1981 GM Midsize 10 1/2 Inch Disc Brake Rotors
- (1) GM Metric LH Brake Caliper, 7/16-20 Inlet
- (1) GM Metric RH Brake Caliper, 7/16-20 Inlet
- (1) Set of Speedway Soft Street Brake Pads, GM Metric 1978-Up D154
- (2) Speedway Replacement Inner Seals
- (2) Inner Wheel Bearing Cones
- (2) Outer Wheel Bearing Cones
- (1) Spindle Nut Kit for Speedway GM Spindles
- (1) Front Disc Brake Hardware Kit
- (1) Universal Power/Manual Master Cylinder, 1 Inch Bore
- (1) GM Disc/Drum Proportioning Valve for 1/2-20, 9/16-18 Outlets
Learn more about the products chosen and why we recommend them for your Tri-5 Chevy, here: Drop Spindle Install and Disc Brake Conversion on a 55 Chevy
1955-57 Chevy 2" Drop Spindles, Aftermarket Disc Brake Kit
- 1955-57 Chevy 2" dropped spindles for use with aftermarket disc brake conversion kits
- 2" drop built in
- Cannot be used with stock drums or brake conversion for stock type spindle
Ideal for use in conjunction with the following Wilwood brake kit for Heidts Tri-5 drop spindle application:
- 4-piston 12.19" rotor kit # 140-12306
1955-57 Metric Caliper Brackets
- These metric caliper brackets have a zinc finish
- Steel design is engineered for quality as well as durability
- .38" material thickness
- Made in USA
Bolt Kit for 1955-57 Drop Spindle to Metric Caliper
- Use these bolt kits to mount your drop spindle conversion to metric calipers
- Designed for use with 1955-57 Chevy
1979-1981 GM Midsize 10 1/2 Inch Disc Brake Rotors
- 10-1/2" rotors (O.E. on 1979-81 GM Midsize: Malibu, Monte Carlo, Cutlass, Regal, etc.)
- 5 x 4-3/4" bolt pattern
GM Metric LH/RH Brake Calipers, 7/16-20 Inlet
- Stock replacement single piston Metric calipers
- Standard equipment on 1978-88 GM mid-size cars (Cutlass, Grand Prix, Regals, Monte Carlo, etc.)
- Feature a 2.375" single piston
- Shielded bottom inlet
- Will save 3-1/2 lbs. per side compared to mid-size 1969-1977 calipers
- No core charge required
- 7/16"-20 inlet
- 5-1/2" Mount Spacing
- Can be used with brake hoses from Pre-1978 GM intermediate cars
- Utilizes GM metric style D154 brake pads
Speedway Soft Street Brake Pads, GM Metric 1978-Up D154
- Speedway soft brake pad for GM Metric 1978-Up Calipers
- One set outfits two calipers
- Tech Tip: Only use full metallic pads on coated rotors
Learn how to properly Bed-In your brake pads by reading our tech article. Bedding-In Brake Pad Procedure.
Speedway Replacement Inner Seals
- 2.00" x 2.56" x .234"
Spindle Nut Kit for Speedway GM Spindles
- Includes a pair of castle nuts, washers and cotter pins
- Castle Nut: 3/4"-20 (not SAE, which is 16 TPI)
- Overall Height: 0.505"
- Height up to the bottom of the castellated notch: 0.276"
- Wrench size for nut: 1.00"
These dimensions are approximate. Certain brake kits may require removal of some of the nut material to allow for installation of the cotter pin.
Universal Power/Manual Master Cylinder, 1 Inch Bore
- High-tech Corvette-style master cylinders designed using OE specifications and 100% tested
- The wide body and low profile gives this master cylinder the clearance you need when installing in tight areas and yet it maintains a large volume of fluid necessary for 2 and 4 wheel disc brake applications
- 1" bore
- 3/8"-24 IFF outlet ports on both sides
- Plugs are included for the unused ports
- Mount spacing is 3-3/8", accomodates 3-1/8" applications
- Works with power or manual brake systems
- Compact, for installation under floor or on firewall
- Suited for either disc/disc or disc/drum combinations
- Stroke of this master cylinder is approximatlely 1-1/16"
- Has a piston adaptor that will allow for power or manual applications
Learn more about selecting the proper master cylinder for your vehicle by reading our tech article. Brake System Selection.
- Pushrod to mounting flange is 5.5"
- Two 3/8"-24 IFF outlet ports on both sides of the cylinder
- Plugs are included for the unused ports
- Works with both manual or power brake setups
- Steel and brass plugs available: 9103190 steel, 9103186 brass
GM Disc/Drum Proportioning Valve for 1/2-20, 9/16-18 Outlets
These proportioning valves are similar to what GM used on many cars in the 70s.
- Non-adjustable and may require an adjustable valve in the rear brakes (if needed)
- Block incorporates metering (for front brakes) and proportioning (for rear brakes) into one unit
- For use with front disc, rear drum brake systems
- Includes hard lines to connect to a master cylinder with 1/2"-20 and 9/16"-18 outlets
- Bottom Front Port: 3/8"-24 IFF threads - goes to one front brake
- Top Front Port: 3/8"-24 IFF threads - goes to one front brake
- Middle Top Port: 1/2"-20 IFF threads - comes from master cylinder
- Rear Top Port: 7/16"-24 IFF threads - comes from the master cylinder
- Rear Most Port: 9/16"-18 IFF threads - goes to rear brakes
Proper Break-In Procedure for Steel or Cast Iron Rotors
New steel/iron rotors should be bedded in before being used in racing conditions. Proper bedding will prepare the rotor surface, prolong the rotor's life, and make it more resistant to thermal checking or cracking under severe braking conditions. The following procedures should be performed when bedding in both steel and cast iron rotors. It is best to bed in a new rotor using a used set of pads, preferably ones which will not create heat rapidly. Generating heat too rapidly will thermal shock the rotors. Likewise, when bedding in a new set of brake pads it is best to perform the process on a used rotor. This new/used bedding process permits controlled bedding of each individual component.
Make sure rotor surfaces are free from oils, grease, and brake fluid. Run vehicle up to a moderate speed and make several medium deceleration stops to heat up the rotor slowly. This will help reduce the chance of thermal shock caused by uneven heating of the rotor. Pull into the pits and allow the rotor to cool to ambient air temperature. Care should be taken not to ride the brakes into the pits as this may hot spot the rotor causing premature wear to the surface or structural damage.
910-34921 Instructions (PDF)
910-31992 Instructions (PDF)
Brake Pad Brand Guide (Link)
Brake System Builders Tip (Link)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
1955-57 Chevy 2" Drop Spindles, Aftermarket Disc Brake Conversion KitPart # 91034925Qty x 1
1955-57 Metric Caliper BracketPart # 91034927Qty x 1
Bolt Kit for 1955-57 Drop Spindle to Metric CaliperPart # 91031997Qty x 1
1979-1981 GM Midsize 10 1/2 Inch Disc Brake RotorsPart # 91031081Qty x 2
IMCA Approved 1978-88 GM Metric LH Brake Caliper, 7/16-20 InletPart # 91031045-LQty x 1
IMCA Approved 1978-88 GM Metric RH Brake Caliper, 7/16-20 InletPart # 91031045-RQty x 1
Speedway Soft Street Brake Pads, GM Metric 1978-Up D154Part # 9193381Qty x 1
Speedway and Metric Chassis, Replacement Inner Seal for 910-31048Part # 912S19753Qty x 2
Inner Wheel Bearing ConePart # 912TLM67048Qty x 2
Cone-Outer Wheel BRG - .844 IDPart # 912TM12649Qty x 2
Spindle Nut Kit for Speedway 49-54 Chevy and 1953-82 GM SpindlesPart # 910616005Qty x 1
Front Disc Brake Hardware KitPart # 9103142.1Qty x 1
Universal Power/Manual Master Cylinder, 1 Inch BorePart # 91031445Qty x 1
GM Disc/Drum Proportioning Valve for 1/2-20, 9/16-18 OutletsPart # 91031351Qty x 1
More Like This
GM Midsize Brake Kit for 910-34923 Spindles
Deluxe Disc Brake Kit, 1955-1964 Chevy Full-size Car, Stock Spindle
Deluxe Disc Brake Kit,1955-64 Chevy Full-size Car,Drilled/Slotted
Wilwood 140-14663 Classic Series Dynalite Front Brake Kit
Wilwood 140-14663-R Classic Series Dynalite Front Brake Kit
Wilwood 140-15318-R Classic Series Dynalite Front Brake Kit
Wilwood 140-15318 Classic Series Dynalite Front Brake Kit
Speedway 1955-57 Chevy Car Front Disc Brake Kit, Drilled/Slotted
Speedway Deluxe 55-58 Chevy Disc Conv. Kit, D/S Rotors, Black
Speedway 55-58 Chevy Power Disc Brake Kit, 11 in. Standard Disc Brakes
Q & A
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
Learn how to assemble one of our bolt on nine-inch Ford disc brake kits in this step-by-step guide.
Learn how to assemble a rear axle assembly as we put together ours for the 410 Sprint Car Build. Our team of builders continues to make progress on the car!