1949-1953 Flathead Ford/Mercury Water Pump Kit, D & P Side
Mechanical Water Pump Type, Short Water Pump Style, 1 Groove Count, Steel Housing Material
- Completely new water pumps feature severe-duty roller & ball bearings, close tolerances & modular impellers for maximum flow & reduce cavitation
- Kit includes a Speedway Motors 1949-1953 Flathead Driver Side Water Pump & a Passenger Side Water Pump as well as gaskets
- These pumps also have modern ceramic seals on a heavy duty 3/4" shaft, making the assembly exceptionally strong & more efficient
- Forged all-new high-nickel iron casting with a premium black painted designed for use on systems with 5/8" drive belts
- This water pump is for 1949-1953 engines in 1932-1948 Ford & Mercury car & trucks as well as stock 1949-1953 Ford pickups
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
We got your back with our Speedway Flathead Water Pump Kit! Both water pumps and needed gaskets are included to simplify your Flathead engine build, so you can spend more time and money on other aspects of your project!
- (1) Speedway Motors 1949-1953 Flathead Ford/Mercury Engine Drivers Side Water Pump, Wide Belt Pulley for 1948-1952 Pickup or 1932-1948 Car Application
- (1) Speedway Motors 1949-1953 Flathead Ford/Mercury Passenger Side Water Pump Wide Belt Pulley for 1948-1952 Pickup or 1932-1948 Car Application
Note: This water pump is for 1949-1953 engines in 1948-1952 pickups or 1932-1948 cars.
Speedway Motors 1949-1953 Ford Flathead Engine Water Pump, Wide Belt Pulley
Original Flatheadhead water pumps have always suffered from unreliable bronze bushings and carbon seals. They almost always leaked and even Ford manuals warned mechanics not to tighten fan belts too tight. The excess slack allowed belts to slip and lose contact with the generator and water pump pulleys, causing more cooling and power problems.
Speedway's completely new water pumps feature severe-duty roller and ball bearings, close tolerances and modular impellers to provide maximum flow and reduce cavitation. They also have modern ceramic seals on a heavy duty 3/4" shaft, making the assembly exceptionally strong and more efficient.
- Includes both drivers side and passenger side pumps
- For Wide Belt Application, Gaskets Included
- Belt Width: 0.63"
- Mounted Length: 4.75"
- Heater Outlet Size: 3/8" NPT
- Overall Length: 5.38"
- Overall Height: 9.00"
- Designed for use with 5/8" belt drive system
- Severe-duty roller and ball bearings
- Ceramic seals on sturdy 3/4" shaft
- High-flow modular impeller reduces cavitation
- Includes gasket and a connection for the heater hose return
- Used when swapping the 1949-1953 engine into 1932-1948 Ford and Mercury cars and trucks
- Also used on stock 1949-1953 Ford pickup applications
Flathead Water Pump Features (Link)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Speedway 1949-53 Flathead Ford/Mercury Water Pump Drive Side-Wide BeltPart # 91015592-DRVQty x 1
Speedway 1949-53 Flathead Ford/Mercury Water Pump Pass. Side Wide BeltPart # 91015592-PASSQty x 1
More Like This
1949-53 Ford Flathead V8 Engine Water Pump w/ Wide Belt
1949-53 Flathead Car Water Pump with Double Narrow Belts
1949-53 Flathead Polished Aluminum Water Pumps
1949-53 Flathead Car Water Pump with Wide Belt
1949-1953 Flathead Ford V8 Car Wide Belt Water Pumps-5/8, Pair
1949-53 Flathead Car Water Pumps, Double Narrow Belts, Pair
1937-48 Flathead Stock-Style Water Pump W/ Wide Belt, Polished
1937-1948 Flathead Water Pump Kit, Driver & Passenger Side
1937-48 Flathead Stock-Style Water Pump with Wide Belt
Speedway 1949-53 Flathead Ford/Mercury Water Pump Pass. Side Wide
Q & A
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.
Common small block Chevy engines were designed with two styles of water pumps. Before you purchase a new pump, it's important to determine whether you have a short or long style pump.
Check here for a few simple images to help identify your Chevy water pump.
Have a monster radiator but your engine still overheats? We'll show you what to look for beyond the cooling system for common overheating issues.
See how this natural fitting Speedway Motors stainless steel coolant expansion overflow tank is installed in a 1967 Chevelle. Learn tips on how to prep the canister for paint work and recommended paint brands to use for this project.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Learn how to differentiate long and short water pumps.
Follow this guide on how to mount a single electric puller fan in a '66 - '67 Chevelle. Learn tips on taking measurements and installing a rubber spacer to prevent the fan from rubbing.