Flathead Cylinder Head Stud Kit
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Performance engine builders know that head studs are superior to bolts, and this is especially the case on Flathead Ford and Mercury V8s. Flathead decks are thin and their threads are easily stripped. By installing studs, you avoid damaging the threads in the block through repeated use. The combination of the studs fine outer threads and hardened washers also prevents galling and ensures accurate torque readings, particularly on aluminum heads.
- Studs utilize superior "pull down torque"
- Properly fastens and torques both aluminum and iron heads
910-15310 Instructions (PDF)
Item Details1939-1948 or 1949-1953
- Part number 91015310-39 for 1939-1948 Flathead V8s
- Part Number 91015310-49 for 1949-1953 Flathead V8s
- 1939-1948 engines use 24 studs per head (48 per engine) that are 3.25" long.
- 1949-1953 engines use 10 short studs (3") and 14 long studs (3.25") per head (48 total studs per engine).
- Use sealer on block threads – Moroso part number 545-35500
- Use anti-seize on nuts and upper studs – Speedway part number 910-16009
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on GM Performance to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.