Wilwood 140-15279 Forged Narrow Superlite 6R Front Brake Kit
Front Position, Dual: 5 on 4.5" | 4.75" Bolt Pattern, 14 Inch Rotor Diameter, Vented Rotor Type
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 3 business days for Wilwood to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Billet forged six-piston calipers with 14.00” rotors deliver the ultimate combination for braking power and style in this group of kits engineered for 1982 through 1992 GM F-Body: Camaro and Firebird vehicles. Kit works with both standard OEM single piston caliper spindles and the performance 1LE dual piston caliper spindles. Built exclusively for 17” and larger wheels, FNSL6 kits enhance tire and suspension upgrades on all types of custom show and high performance dual-purpose street and track machines. A full range of options for caliper finishes and rotor designs are guaranteed to catch the eye of the most discriminating enthusiast while providing optimized brake performance for every individual application.
- Fits 1982-92 GM F-Body
- Black powdercoated finish
- Curved vane rotor
Assembly Instructions (PDF)
Wheel Clearance Diagram (PDF)
1. This brake kit has a hub offset of 0.25" which means this hub offset will move the wheels inward or outward from the fenderby this amount on each side of the vehicle
2. Requires modifications to original spindles
3. This kit will work with both single piston and dual piston (1LE) spindles
More Like This
Wilwood 140-15278-DR Forged Narrow Superlite 6R Front Brake Kit
Wilwood 140-15279-D Forged Narrow Superlite 6R Front Brake Kit
Wilwood 140-15278-R Forged Narrow Superlite 6R Front Brake Kit
Wilwood 140-15279-DR Forged Narrow Superlite 6R Front Brake Kit
Wilwood 140-15279-R Forged Narrow Superlite 6R Front Brake Kit
Wilwood 140-15287-D Forged Narrow Superlite 6R Front Brake Kit
Wilwood 140-15278 Forged Narrow Superlite 6R Big Brake Front Brake Kit
Wilwood 140-12518 Superlite 4R 12.19 Front Disc Brake Kit, 1982-92 GM
Wilwood 140-1035-BD FDL Frnt Drag Disc Brake Kit,82-92 Camaro/Firebird
Wilwood 140-11275-DR FDLI Front Disc Brake Kit, 1982-92 Camaro/Firebird
Q & A
After getting the control arms and drop spindles installed last time, we are dying to see what it looks like on the ground. Today we are working with the Speedway Deluxe Disc Brake Kit. Josh and Joe are on a roll!
Tim talks about the options we have for early Ford drum brakes.
Early Ford Bolt-on Brake Conversion
In this Tech Tip, John confirms a customer question regarding the need for a proportioning valve on his ’55 F100 brake build.
Steve replaces the factory GM 8.5" 10-bolt rear end on his '76 Chevrolet Laguna S3 with a GM 10 & 12 bolt bolt-on rear disc brake kit.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked about finding a set of disc brakes for his 1949 Ford F1 pickup, with one caveat. He wants to use the factory wheels.
Speedway Tech Zach R. talks about the dropped spindles and disc brake conversion he installed on his '55 Sedan Delivery.