Wilwood 140-15173-BK SLC56 Front Replacement Caliper Kit, Black
Four Caliper Pistons, Powder Coated, Lug Caliper Mounting Type, Black
This SLC56 replacement front caliper kit from Wilwood is engineered to be a high performance street and custom replacement kit for Corvettes and hot rods using Corvette suspension. In addition to the high-tech styling and superior performance of the SLC56 calipers, this kit includes the positive response, long wear, high fade resistance, and easy to clean properties of the BP-10 compound Smart Pads. This caliper kit is a direct bolt-on replacement for the OE calipers on all models of 1997-2004 C5's and all 2005-2013 base model C6's using the existing 12.8" diameter OE dimension front rotors. You won't have to worry about fitment as the calipers attach directly to the Corvette spindle without the need for brackets or adapters and accept all types of OE banjo bolt style brake hoses.
- Replacement front caliper kit
- 1997-2004 C5, 2005-2013 base model C6
- Includes BP-10 Smart Pads
- Direct easy installation
Wheel Clearance (GIF)
- Spindle Type: Factory Disc Spindle
- Mount Type: Lug
- Caliper Type: 4 - Black Powder Coat
- Wheel Diameter: 17
Calipers- 120-13915-BK, 120-13915-BK
- Type: SLC56
- Finish: Black Powder Coat
- Piston Count: 4
- Piston Area: 4.12
- Piston Type: Stainless
- Mount Type: Lug
- Pad Compound: BP-10
- Chevrolet Corvette 2009-2013 Base
- Chevrolet Corvette 1997-2004 C-5 & Z06
- Chevrolet Corvette 2005-2008 C-6 - Base
NotesKit fits 97-2004 C5 all, 2005-2013 C6 Base Models w/ 12.80 diameter front rotor. SLC56 caliper kits have been checked to clear Z06 model wheels. All other OE and aftermarket wheels should be checked for proper clearance. . Wheel spacers may be required on some applications.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 15 business days for Wilwood to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Q & A
We get a lot of questions about brake kits so Tim gives a brief overview of disc brake setups.
Learn how to bed in or burnish your brake pads. Our quick guide and video will teach you the proper procedure to get the best performance out of your brakes.
Learn how to assemble one of our bolt on nine-inch Ford disc brake kits in this step-by-step guide.
Getting started on the brakes and more!
We offer a guide to follow when selecting a new set of brake pads for your race car. It's important to know the friction quality and pad size before selecting a new set of racing pads.
This article demonstrates how to install a complete Winters quick change kit with additional parts including birdcages, brackets, and calipers for a modified race car.
Steve explains the process of installing Speedway calipers.