Wilwood 140-1013-B Drag Front Brake Kit for 1971-80 Pinto/Mustang II
Front Position, Dual: 5 on 4.5" | 4.75" Bolt Pattern, 10.75 Inch Rotor Diameter, Anodized
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Wilwood Forged Dynalite Front Drag Brake Kit offers a complete disc brake upgrade solution for Mustang II-equipped drag race application under 2800 lbs. Based on the venerable forged billet 4-piston Dynalite caliper, these versatile kits suit the braking requirements and style preferences for an off road drag racing application.
Calipers mount directly to the spindle with a bolt-on aluminum bracket. Forged billet, five lug hubs with direct mount steel rotors combine to provide an average weight savings of over 30 pounds compared to stock disc brakes. Kits include all new hardware, wheel bearings, seals, brake pads, brackets, and extra length lug studs.
Aluminum hubs drilled to accept both 5-on-4-1/2" and 5-on-4-3/4" bolt patterns.
- Forged 4-piston Dynalite Calipers
- 10.75" diameter solid steel rotors - black oxide finish
- Wilwood BP-10 SmartPads - low noise, low dust
- Lightweight clear anodized aluminum hubs
835-1401013 Instructions (PDF)
- For use on drag race cars up to 2800 pounds with rear discs or on cars up to 2400 pounds with rear drums
- For use on most aftermarket Mustang II spindles or original Ford spindles from:
- 1971-1980 Pinto
- 1975-1980 Bobcat
- 1974-1978 Mustang II
- If using steel wheels with this kit, you will also need to purchase (2) steel shims part 835-3007500. These shims will prevent steel wheelsfrom galling the aluminum hub.
- OEM rubber brake hoses generally cannot be adapted to Wilwood calipers. The caliper inlet fitting is a 1/8-27 NPT. The preferred method is to use steel adapter fittings at the caliper, either straight, 45 or 90 degree and enough steel braided line to allow for full suspension travel and turning radius, lock to lock.
- Kit fits some 14" wheels - check wheel clearance diagram in kit installation instructions before purchase.
- Minimum Wheel Diameter (in): 15"
- OE Hub Offset (in.): +.41
- Rotor - 10.75" diameter x .35" thick
- Wheel Stud Diameter: 1/2"-20
- Caliper inlet fitting: 1/8" NPT
- Piston count: 4
- Piston area (in2): 4.8
- Piston type: stainless
- Brake Pad Area (in²): 6.36
More Like This
Wilwood 140-1013-BD FDL Front Brake Drag Kit, 1971-80 Pinto/Mustang II
Wilwood Disc Brake Kit, 49-54 Chevy Spindles, 4-Piston, Vented Rotor
Wilwood Disc Brake Kit for 49-54 Chevy Spindles, 4-Piston, Steel Rotor
Wilwood Disc Brake Kit 1949-54 Chevy Spindles, 2-Piston, Steel Rotor
Wilwood 140-12557-DN Dynapro Dual SA Lug Drive Rear Drag Brake Kt
Wilwood 140-14065-R Classic Series Dynalite Front Brake Kit
Wilwood 140-14262-DR Forged Narrow Superlite Rear Parking Brake
Wilwood 140-14262 Forged Narrow Superlite Rear Parking Brake Kit
Wilwood 140-14263-D AERO4-MC4 Big Brake Rear Parking Brake Kit
Wilwood 140-14277-D Forged Narrow Superlite 6R Big Brake Front Kt
Q & A
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
Learn how to assemble a rear axle assembly as we put together ours for the 410 Sprint Car Build. Our team of builders continues to make progress on the car!
After getting the control arms and drop spindles installed last time, we are dying to see what it looks like on the ground. Today we are working with the Speedway Deluxe Disc Brake Kit. Josh and Joe are on a roll!