Wilwood 120-6427 D154 GM Metric Single Piston Floater Caliper
Wilwoods GM Metric Caliper is a direct replacement for the 1978 and later D154 type GM metric caliper. Weighs starting at 2.92 pounds, it provides a substantial weight savings over cast iron OE calipers. This competition caliper represents that latest refinements in a caliper design and manufacturing through the use of comuputer based FEA solid modeling and stress simulation programs. The real strength of this caliper comes from its triple bridge configuration, and its lightness is a result of efficient design.
- Casting using a tight grained, high density aircraft alloy
- All load bering and stress points are fortified to maximize strength
- All unnecessary material is removed to maximize weight reduction
- Stainless pistons provide improved fluid protection with high resistance to corrosion and low heat transfer
- Each is fully machined, assembled with a high temperature seals, and tested-in house at Wilwood
- Completely interchangeable w/ stock GM caliper (racing only)
- 11" to 13" diameter, 1.25" thick rotors
- 3.7 lbs.
Item Details2.38" Piston/1.25 Rotor
- This product is discontinued.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
We get a lot of questions about brake kits so Tim gives a brief overview of disc brake setups.
Learn how to bed in or burnish your brake pads. Our quick guide and video will teach you the proper procedure to get the best performance out of your brakes.
Tim talks about the options we have for early Ford drum brakes.
Getting started on the brakes and more!
We offer a guide to follow when selecting a new set of brake pads for your race car. It's important to know the friction quality and pad size before selecting a new set of racing pads.
This article demonstrates how to install a complete Winters quick change kit with additional parts including birdcages, brackets, and calipers for a modified race car.
Steve explains the process of installing Speedway calipers.