Weld-On Rear Disc Brake Kit, 1969-77 GM Caliper, 1.96 Inch Backspace
Universal Fit, Rear Position, Multi: 5 on 4.5" | 4.75" | 5" Bolt Pattern, Vented Rotor Type
- Replace those old drum rear brakes with modern disc brakes using this universal weld on disc brake kit
- Features '69-'77 GM calipers with massive 2.75" piston size to provide incredible stopping power
- 11.75" OD vented rotors which are .81" thick ensure cool operation for fade free braking performance
- This complete kit includes calipers, rotors, brake pads, brake hats, caliper slide bolts, and caliper brackets
- The 1.96" offset CNC machined aluminum brake hat accommodates 5 on 4-1/2, 4-3/4", and 5 on 5" bolt circles
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Replace those old drum brakes with modern rear disc brakes. Mounts .81" x 11-3/4" Pro-lite vented iron rotors and calipers to 3" tube rear end. Complete with rotors, hats, calipers (7/16"-20 inlets), brackets, brake pads, caliper brackets and slider bolts.
Wilwood aluminum hats fits 5 lug hubs with 4-1/2", 4-3/4", or 5" bolt circle.
Brake pad and caliper installation note:
This bracket features a 90 degree bend in the bracket at the slider bolt threaded area for additional caliper support. This part of the bracket may or may not interfere with the corner of the inner brake pad backing plate due to differences in brake pad manufacturers. When this occurs, it will be necessary to simply remove a minimal amount of backing plate material at each corner of the inner brake pad to allow for the necessary clearance between the bracket and brake pad when the caliper and pads are fully installed.
- Caliper Brackets (2)
- Weld onto a 3" axle tube
- Rotors (2)
- GM-style .81" x 11-3/4", 8 on 7" bolt pattern
- Straight vanes, 8 lbs. each
- Rotor Hats (2)
- Machined aluminum, 1.96" offset
- 3.06" center hole, 6-3/8 I.D., 1/2" stud holes, 1.6 lbs.
- Rotor Bolt and Nut Kit (2)
- Caliper Slider Bolts (4)
- Brake Pads (2 sets)
- Street compound, little metallic, long rotor and pad life
- Calipers - 1969-77 GM Midsize (L & R)
- 7/16"-20 inlet
- Cast iron body, 2.8" single piston
910-31935 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
IMCA 1969-77 Midsize Standard Stock GM Caliper, LHPart # 91031035-LQty x 1
IMCA 1969-77 Midsize Standard Stock GM Caliper, RHPart # 91031035-RQty x 1
Speedway Pro-Lite Vented Brake Rotor, 11.75 x .81 InchPart # 91031906Qty x 2
Wilwood 170-0208 Rear Brake Drag Hat, 1.96 Inch Offset, Multi-5 LugPart # 8351700208Qty x 2
Rotor Bolt Set - 5/16 x 3/4, Bolt OnlyPart # 8352300233Qty x 2
Weld-On 1969-77 GM Mid-size Caliper BracketPart # 91641005Qty x 2
Speedway GM Brake Caliper Slider Slide BoltPart # 8352300542Qty x 4
Speedway 156 1969-77 GM Mid-Size Brake PadsPart # 9191563Qty x 2
Instruct Sheet-Brake KitPart # 910319INSTQty x 1
More Like This
Weld-On Rear Disc Brake Kit, 1969-77 GM Caliper, 3 Inch Backspace
Basic Weld-On Rear Disc Brake Kit for 1969-77 GM Caliper, 3 In BS
Brake Kit: 1969-77 GM Caliper to Early Ford Spindles, Chevy B-P
Front Disc Brake Kit GM Metric/Mustang II to 1949-54 Chevy, 5 on 4-1/2
Weld-On Rear Disc Brake Kit, 1978-88 GM Caliper, 1.59 Inch Backspace
Disc Brake Kit for Total Performance Spindles, 5 x 4-1/2
Basic Weld-On Rear Disc Brake Kit for 1978-88 GM Caliper, 1.59 In BS
Mustang II Disc Brake Kit for Early Chevy Spindles, 5 on 4-1/2 Inch
Front Disc Brake Kit, GM Mid-size to 1949-54 Chevy Spindle, 5 on 4-3/4
Mustang II Brake Kits for Early Chevy Spindles, GM 4.75 Pattern
Q & A
Learn how to assemble one of our bolt on nine-inch Ford disc brake kits in this step-by-step guide.
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
Learn how to assemble a rear axle assembly as we put together ours for the 410 Sprint Car Build. Our team of builders continues to make progress on the car!
After getting the control arms and drop spindles installed last time, we are dying to see what it looks like on the ground. Today we are working with the Speedway Deluxe Disc Brake Kit. Josh and Joe are on a roll!
Jeff installs a Wilwood 12.19" Front Disc Brake Kit to his 1967 Chevelle. Read more on the caliper bracket assembly and brake rotor setup.
A guide on how to install Wilwood rear brakes for performance and better handling suspension. Learn about critical clearance for the outer axle components on Jeff's 1967 Chevelle.
Follow along as Speedway Tech Kevin W. updates the brakes on his Bel Air with a modern disc brake conversion kit.