Vintage Air 961072 1969-72 Nova w/o A/C GenIV SureFit Complete Kit
Without Factory Air Conditioning A/C Compatibility, Complete System A/C Kit Style
- Features a variable blower speed and dash/floor/defrost blend
- Specifically made for the 1969-1972 Chevy Nova without factory A/C
- Designed to convert the existing factory controls to electronic operation
- Includes a separate high capacity copper parallel-flow heat coil and aluminum plate and fin cooling coils
- Kit uses an exclusive fully electronic microprocessor control system eliminate cables or vacuum connections
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Vintage Air Sure Fit Series - Custom Order Processing
This custom part is created specifically for your vehicle. Once we receive your order you will be contacted (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm CST) to obtain details about your car to ensure proper fitment and to finalize your order!
The Gen IV is Vintage Air’s most powerful and intelligent climate control system. The Gen IV uses an exclusive fully electronic microprocessor control system eliminate cables or vacuum connections. Separate high capacity copper parallel-flow heat coil and aluminum plate and fin cooling coils provide outstanding performance and instant temperature adjustments. This new SureFit System includes exclusive Electronic Cable Converters which convert existing factory controls to electronic operation. Additional features include variable blower speed and dash/floor/defrost blend. SureFit Systems are engineered specifically for each vehicle application and require absolutely minimal alteration to the vehicle for installation.
- Fully electronic operation
- No cables or vacuum controls -1969-72 Kits include Electronic Cable Converters Converts Factory Controls to electronic operation
- Micro-processor controlled coil temperature monitor
- No capillary tube to install
- Separate high capacity heat and cool coils
- Aluminum plate/fin A/C coil (most efficient evaporator design available)
- Copper/brass parallel flow heater coil
- Blend air door for instant temperature adjustment
- Infinite dash/floor air blend (in most applications)
- Infinite defrost / floor air blend with dedicated defrost option
- Steel firewall cover plate
- All Gen IV systems allow for optional smooth firewall configuration (must use modified hose kit)
- Positive shut off solenoid operated heater control valve in max A/C
Complete Kits include:
- Evaporator Kit
- Control Panel Conversion Kit
- Compressor Mounting Bracket
- Hose Kit
- Condenser Kit w/ Drier
- Safety Switch
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 25 business days for Vintage Air to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
What's In The Kit
Vintage Air 561072 1969-72 Nova w/o A/C GenIV SureFit Evaporator KitPart # 725561072Qty x 1
Condenser KitPart # 725961072.1Qty x 1
CompressorPart # 725961072.2Qty x 1
More Like This
Vintage Air 965072 1969-72 Nova w/ A/C GenIV SureFit Complete Kit
Vintage Air 561072 1969-72 Nova w/o A/C GenIV SureFit Evaporator Kit
Vintage Air 565072 1969-72 Nova w/ A/C GenIV SureFit Evaporator Kit
Vintage Air 561069 1968 Nova w/o A/C GenIV SureFit Evaporator Kit
Vintage Air 981412 Gen II Compac Universal Heat and Air Kit
Vintage Air Gen II Universal Heat and Air Kit with Vertical Condenser
Vintage Air 981414 Underdash Heat & A/C Kit, Engine Turned Insert
Vintage Air 981415 Underdash Heat & A/C Kit, Brushed Insert
Vintage Air Heritage Series Underdash Heat and A/C Kit, Vert Condenser
Vintage Air Underdash Heat & A/C Kit, Engine Turned, Vert. Cond.
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks joined teams to build a 1952 Chevy truck for the newest Week to Wicked build. Ryan and Damon talk about the Vintage Air products that wound up on the build.
Tim talks about a few aluminum radiators we have to offer.
Speedway Motors employee Alanna C. walks through the how-to of installing the Vintage Air A/C in her 1965 Ford Mustang.
Speedway Motors employee Alanna C. talks about the process of tearing down her 1965 Ford Mustang to make room for the Vintage Air A/C kit.
Learn about the functionality of key parts in a hot rod air conditioning system for install or diagnosing issues. We cover the condenser, compressor and more.
Speedway Product Manager Jeff K. talks about the old failing "Dealer Air" in his '46 Ford Sedan Delivery we've become familiar with, and the replacement unit from Vintage Air he got from Speedway Motors.
In this guide, Kevin demonstrates how to properly install an external oil cooler in his '54 Chevy Belair with a Big Block Chevy engine.