Vintage Air 941856 50-53 Chevy Truck Str. 6 Gen IV A/C Kit-Std.
Complete System A/C Kit Style, Main Housing Included, A/C Condenser Included, Hoses Included
- Features a variable blower speed and dash/floor/defrost blend
- Specifically designed for the 1950-1953 Chevy Truck Str. 6 Gen IV with A/C
- Uses an exclusive fully electronic microprocessor control system eliminate cables or vacuum connections
- Kit includes exclusive Electronic Cable Converters which convert existing factory controls to electronic operation
- The separate high capacity copper parallel-flow heat coil and aluminum plate and fin cooling coils provide outstanding performance and instant temperature adjustments
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Vintage Air Sure Fit Series - Custom Order Processing
This custom part is created specifically for your vehicle. Once we receive your order you will be contacted (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm CST) to obtain details about your car to ensure proper fitment and to finalize your order!
The Gen IV is Vintage Air’s most powerful and intelligent climate control system. The Gen IV uses an exclusive fully electronic microprocessor control system eliminate cables or vacuum connections. Separate high capacity copper parallel-flow heat coil and aluminum plate and fin cooling coils provide outstanding performance and instant temperature adjustments. This new SureFit System includes exclusive Electronic Cable Converters which convert existing factory controls to electronic operation. Additional features include variable blower speed and dash/floor/defrost blend. SureFit Systems are engineered specifically for each vehicle application and require absolutely minimal alteration to the vehicle for installation.
Complete Kits include:
- Evaporator Kit
- Control Panel Kit
- Compressor Mounting Bracket
- Hose Kit
- Condenser Kit w/ Drier
- Safety Switch
This kit fits 1950-53 Chevrolet and GMC Pickups with a Straight-6 engine.
- 1950-53 Chevy Truck with Straight 6 Standard Bracket
- Fully electronic operation
- Fly By Wire fully electronic servo motor controls with no cables or capillary tubes
- Infinite just right temperature air blending
- Unlimited blower fan speed adjustment
- High volume dehumidified defrost mode
- Separate high capacity aluminum plate & fin cooling coil
- Copper/brass CuproBraze parallel flow heater coil
- Mounts behind the dash
- Kit includes 3-knob controls
- Flat steel firewall cover panel
- Replacement molded glove box (reduced capacity)
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 45 business days for Vintage Air to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
What's In The Kit
Condenser KitPart # 725941856.1Qty x 1
CompressorPart # 725941856.2Qty x 1
Vintage Air 754562 50-53 Chevy Truck Gen IV SureFit Evaporator KitPart # 725754562Qty x 1
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks joined teams to build a 1952 Chevy truck for the newest Week to Wicked build. Ryan and Damon talk about the Vintage Air products that wound up on the build.
Speedway Motors employee Alanna C. walks through the how-to of installing the Vintage Air A/C in her 1965 Ford Mustang.
Speedway Motors employee Alanna C. talks about the process of tearing down her 1965 Ford Mustang to make room for the Vintage Air A/C kit.
Learn about the functionality of key parts in a hot rod air conditioning system for install or diagnosing issues. We cover the condenser, compressor and more.
Speedway Product Manager Jeff K. talks about the old failing "Dealer Air" in his '46 Ford Sedan Delivery we've become familiar with, and the replacement unit from Vintage Air he got from Speedway Motors.
See how this natural fitting Speedway Motors stainless steel coolant expansion overflow tank is installed in a 1967 Chevelle. Learn tips on how to prep the canister for paint work and recommended paint brands to use for this project.
Follow this guide on how to mount a single electric puller fan in a '66 - '67 Chevelle. Learn tips on taking measurements and installing a rubber spacer to prevent the fan from rubbing.