Universal Steering Column Floor Mount Plate
Universal Fit, Aluminum, Chrome, 4.50" Overall Diameter
- This universal lower floor mount plate works on all 1-3/4", 2", or 2-1/4" diameter steering columns
- Installs by simply removing the locking inner rings to fit the size of your column
- Made from chrome-plated aluminum for a clean finish
- Measures 4-1/2" O.D., and swivels up to 30 degrees depending on the size of your column
- Mount screws and nuts are included for a complete kit, ready to install
Universal lower floor mount plate works on all 1-3/4", 2", or 2-1/4" diameter steering columns by simply removing the locking inter rings to the size of your column. Made out of chrome-plated aluminum for a clean finish.
Measures 4-1/2" O.D.
- 2-1/4" column can make it to about 10 degrees
- 2" column can make it to about 17 degress
- 1-3/4" column can make it to about 30 degrees
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Watch our Steering Column Wiring Guide video for useful tips on wiring your new steering column for your vehicle. Ididit takes you through the wiring process.
Installing a universal tilt steering column in an old car is a common upgrade. Check out this tech article to learn how to mount your custom steering column correctly.
In this Tech Tip, John responds to a customer question about the versatility of one of our steering columns and its potential uses.
Unsure what column would work best for your project? The three primary styles are explained here!
If you're upgrading to an ididit tilt steering column, you'll need the dimensions of the column to make sure it fits. Click here for dimensional drawings of ididit's 4 different column designs.
Tired of those nasty, sticky indicator levers on you GM steering column? Resurrect them with Speedway Motors' Column Dress-up Kit, reviewed here by one of our own employees!
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. talks about his decision to install a different steering column in his '64 Impala.