Tilton 54-40011 Super Starter, Chevy LS, 168 Tooth Ring Gear
Automatic and Manual Transmission Type, Mini Starter Size, Inline Mount Type
40000-Series Super Starters feature the torque and speed needed to start large displacement, high-compression engines, made possible by a powerful 3.0 HP (2.2kW) motor and 3.75:1 gear reduction drive assembly. Tilton’s Heavy Duty solenoid (P/N 54-422HD) comes standard beginning August 2015, allowing 40000-Series Super Starters to reliably handle 16 volts and provide the extra speed needed to spin engines fast enough for locked-out magnetos.
- Powerful 3.0 HP motor and gear reduction provides high torque to start large, high compression engines.
- Heavy Duty solenoid reliably handles 16 volts
- Precision machined components are held to critical tolerances, ensuring high performance and reliability.
- Internal vibration damping and electrical insulation provide longevity and maximum performance.
- Thread locking compound is used on all fasteners which are secured to precise specifications.
- Serrated Belleville lock washers are used to ensure fasteners stay in place through severe vibrations and heat cycles.
Every 40000-series super starter is made with top quality, 100% new components, assembled by highly trained technicians and individually dyno-tested to assure quality. Over 30 years of listening to feedback from motorsports customers has gone into the constant development of these starters, making them the choice for the most demanding applications. Check out the sample dyno sheet to see how each 40000-Series Super Starter is checked prior to being shipped:
Instruction Sheet (PDF)
Installation Diagram (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Tilton 54-40012 Super Starter, Chevy LS, 153 Tooth Ring Gear
Tilton 54-40040 Super Starter, Bert/Brinn Bellhousing
Tilton 54-40001 Super Starter, Chevy V8/V6, 153 and 168 Tooth
Speedway Motors High Torque Starter, 3.0 HP, BBF/SBF Ford V8
Brinn 79060 -Style Starter
King Chrome 1955-86 Chevy Starter, 1.4 kW, 168-Tooth
King Chrome 1955-86 Chevy Starter, Angled Bolts, Manual Trans.
Speedway Chevy V8 Angled Bolt Chrome Starter, 168-Tooth
Speedway Motors High Torque Starter, GM LSX 3.0 HP
Speedway Motors High Torque Starter, 3.0 HP, BBC/SBC
Q & A
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Industry friends Street Rod Life sat down and started talking starters. Check out the attached article on what the discussion uncovered.
Jeff demonstrates how to install the front runner drive system by Vintage Air in his 1967 Chevelle project car all while maintaining a simple, factory fresh look.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Check out our one wire alternator conversion guide. We cover GM 1 wire alternator wiring as well as Ford and Chevy. Learn about pulley ratio and charging too!
Brief review of the different types of Ford alternators and regulators available through Speedway Motors.