TREMEC TUET11009 GM LS T56 Magnum 6-Speed Manual Transmission
Chevy LS V8, T56, 6-Speed Transmission Speeds, 700 ft./lbs. Torque, 26 Input Shaft Spline Count
- It is rated to hold up to 700 ft. lb. of torque
- Has a 26-spline input and 31-spline output shaft
- Includes dual speedo pick-ups for use with either electric or mechanical speedometers
- Features modern OE supercar technology for the ultimate pro-tourers, road-racers, and more
- Comes with incredibly short, extremely low-effort shift throws, with crisp, precise engagement
The kingpin of TREMEC's high performance line-up, the Magnum double-overdrive 6-speed transmission takes the very best from TREMEC's current OEM technologies and pairs it with the most popular features of the TKO 5-speed.
Able to withstand a massive 700 lb-ft. of torque while providing unbelievably crisp shifts, no other manual transmission on the planet offers as much combined strength, versatility, and general ease-of-use as the Magnum.
Known in its original equipment form as the 'TR-6060', the Magnum is an aftermarket version of the same transmission found in many of today's most celebrated factory muscle cars – including the Dodge Challenger and Viper, and the Chevrolet Camaro – giving you refinement where you want it and strength where it counts.
- The aftermarket's premier 6-speed performance manual transmission
- 700 lb-ft. of torque capacity
- Reasonably light at 135 lbs. dry
- Multiple shifter locations & dual speedo pickups for unmatched versatility
- Choice of two different gear ratio sets (2.66 or 2.97), with unique double overdrive ratios
- Incredibly short, extremely low-effort shift throws, with crisp, precise engagement
- Modern OE supercar technology for the ultimate pro-tourers, road-racers, and more
*TREMEC T56 Magnum transmissions can be shifted from two different locations - mid and rear. From the factory they are configured as a rear shift. To change the location, you must purchase a mid shift kit (sold separately). The rear shifter location is then capped off with a plate provided in the kit.
The following transmission yokes may be needed for installation, depending on your application:
- (910133031) Ford 31 Spl. Yoke for TKO500/600/C6/FMX Trans-1330 U-Joint
- (91636800) Performance Automatic PAYK36800 Steel Ford C6 Slip Yoke
For any warranty issues with TREMEC transmissions, please contact TREMEC directly. TREMEC provides a Product Support Form to be filled out and submitted to them, after which TREMEC will contact you directly to complete the warranty process.
TREMEC Product Support Form (Link to TREMEC's Website)
Q & A
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back to talk Ford Automatic OverDrive Kickdown brackets and kits.
This new steel bellhousing from Speedway Motors is made for everyone who wants to run three pedals without spending a fortune or relying on a crusty original.
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.