TREMEC TUET11009 GM LS T56 Magnum 6-Speed Manual Transmission
T56, 6-Speed Transmission Speeds, 700 ft./lbs. Torque, 26 Input Shaft Spline Count
Since debuting in Dodge's ultra exotic Viper sports car in 1992, the T-56 6-speed manual transmission has become one of the most celebrated manual transmissions ever to hit the automotive industry. A highly versatile, smooth-shifting brute of a gearbox, it has repeatedly proven its worth in a variety of factory supercars, as well as in its racing efforts all around the globe. The Tremec T56 Magnum (a beefed version of the original T-56) offers true double-overdrive for the ultimate blend of performance and unbelievable fuel economy. The Tremec T-56 Magnum is a modern day favorite at an exceptional value. The T56 Magnum is an aftermarket version of the "TR-6060" transmission found in many of today's most celebrated factory super cars – including the ZR1 Corvette and ACR Viper – giving you refinement where you want it and strength where it counts.
- Not specific to any OEM application as this unit is not a direct bolt-in to any factory car as the unit dimensions are unique
- Modern OE supercar technology for the ultimate pro-tourers, road-racers, and more
- Bellhousing not included-see below for suggested bellhousings
- Reasonably light at 135 lbs. dry
- 700 lb-ft. of torque capacity
- Works with hydraulic clutch mechanism only
- Dual speedo pick-ups for use with either electric or mechanical speedometers
- Includes high-performance short-throw billet aluminum shifter
- Incredibly short, extremely low-effort shift throws, with crisp, precise engagement
- Multiple shifter locations for extreme versatility*
- 26-spline input / 31-spline output
- 2.66, 1.78, 1.30, 1.00, .80, .64 gearing
- 3 shifter positions as provided of 18.9", 23" and 26.6" tip of input shaft to center of shifter
- 27.34" Casting length from tranmission front face to tail
Notes*TREMEC T56 Magnum transmissions can be shifted from two different locations - mid and rear. From the factory they are configured as a rear shift. To change the location, you must purchase a mid shift kit (sold separately). The rear shifter location is then capped off with a plate provided in the kit.
More Like This
TREMEC TUET11010 Ford T56 Magnum 6-Speed Manual Transmission
Speedway Motors LS Transmission Kit, 6-Speed, Tremec T56, 700 HP
Speedway Motors SBC Transmission Kit, 6-Speed, Tremec T56, 700 HP
Speedway Motors SBCDriveline Kit,TREMEC T56 6-Speed, 700 HP
Bert Transmission 1400 Gen II Aluminum Standard Transmission
Q & A
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back to talk Ford Automatic OverDrive Kickdown brackets and kits.
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.
Follow Tim as he swaps tail housings and covers on a T-5 transmission