TREMEC TCET4616 GM TKO-500 5-Speed Overdrive Manual Transmission
TKO, 5-Speed Transmission Speeds, 500 ft./lbs. Torque, 26 Input Shaft Spline Count
- Features a 7-tooth internal speedometer gear
- A robust 3-rail internal shift mechanism offers firm, positive shifts
- The casting length from transmission front face to tail measures 24.07"
- Has a 500 ft. lb. torque capacity and 3.27, 1.98, 1.34, 1.00, .68 gear ratios
- Custom built to have multiple shifter locations, mounting configurations, gearing options, and speedometer pick-ups (both electric and mechanical)
Far and away the most versatile 5-speed transmission on the market, the TKO offers an impressive array of flexibility features – including multiple shifter locations, mounting configurations, gearing options, and speedometer pick-ups (both electric and mechanical).
Serving up 500 lb-ft of torque capacity, along with confidence-inspiring shifts and fuel-saving overdrive, the TKO-500 offers an ideal blend of brute strength and street manners – which may be why it's the manual transmission behind more boulevard-bruising street machines and sportsman race victories than all of it's competitors combined.
- 500 lb-ft. of torque capacity
- Exceptionally light at just 99 lbs. dry
- Transmission bolt pattern is the same as Muncie four speed
- Works with manual or hydraulic clutch release
- Robust 3-rail internal shift mechanism offers firm, positive shifts
- Shift lever arm NOT included. Must be purchased separately.
- Multiple shifter locations for extreme versatility
- Dual speedo pick-ups for use with either electric or mechanical speedometers
- 26-spline input / 31-spline output
- 3.27, 1.98, 1.34, 1.00, .68 gear ratios
- 24.07" Casting length from tranmission front face to tail
- 7-tooth internal speedometer gear
Includes high-performance short-throw billet aluminum shifter, neutral safety switch and back-up light sensor.
TKO-500 Service Manual (PDF)
TREMEC TKO transmissions can be shifted from three different locations - front, mid, and rear. From the factory they are configured as a rear shift. To change the location, you must purchase a mid or front shift kit (sold separately) and the rear shifter location is capped off with the provided plate.
TREMEC TKO transmissions are a great replacement for GM Muncie four-speeds as they have been configured to bolt up to the stock Ford bellhousings. Keep in mind that TREMEC TKOs are larger and taller then their 4-speed counter parts. The only parts needed to convert from a three or four speed is a cross member, shift lever, shift ball, and shorter speedometer cable. The driveshaft length may be affected for the GM conversion (check transmission dimensions). The slip yoke will have to be changed to match the 31-spline Ford-style output shaft (use Speedway # 910133031).
NotesBellhousing mount to transmission mount is 15.75". Bellhousing mount to end of the transmission is 24.50"
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
TREMEC TCET4615 Ford TKO-500 5-Speed Overdrive Manual Transmission
TREMEC TCET 5009 GM TKO-600, GM, 5-Speed Manual Transmission
TREMEC TCET-5008 Ford TKO-600, Ford, 5-Speed Manual Transmission
TREMEC TCET4618 GM TKO-600 5-Speed Road Race Manual Transmission
Speedway Motors SBC Driveline Kit, TREMEC TKO-600, 500 HP
TREMEC 1352-000-251 Ford T-5 5-Speed Manual Transmission
TREMEC TUET16362 T56 Magnum-F GM Manual Transmission, Close Ratio
TREMEC TUET16363 T56 Magnum-F GM Manual Transmission, Wide Ratio
TREMEC TCET4617 Ford TKO-600 5-Speed Manual Transmission
Tremec GM TKO 5-Speed to 1949-53 Ford Flathead Engine Conversion Kit
Q & A
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back to talk Ford Automatic OverDrive Kickdown brackets and kits.
Pat talks about our LS flexplate options.
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.