TREMEC TCET4615 Ford TKO-500 5-Speed Overdrive Manual Transmission
TKO, 5-Speed Transmission Speeds, 500 ft./lbs. Torque, 10 Input Shaft Spline Count
- It is exceptionally light at just 99 lbs. dry
- This transmission has a 500 lb.-ft. torque capacity
- Has a robust 3-rail internal shift mechanism offers firm, positive shifts
- The transmission bolt and input shaft are the same as Toploader four speed
- Features dual speedo pick-ups for use with either electric or mechanical speedometers
TREMEC's TKO series of 5-speed transmissions was first made famous by the 5.0L Mustang movement and has since been fitted into nearly every rear-wheel drive performance application imaginable.
Far and away the most versatile 5-speed transmission on the market, the TKO offers an impressive array of flexibility features – including multiple shifter locations, mounting configurations, gearing options, and speedometer pick-ups (electric and mechanical).
Serving up 500 lb-ft of torque capacity, along with confidence-inspiring shifts and fuel-saving overdrive, the TKO-500 offers an ideal blend of brute strength and street manners – which may be why it's the manual transmission behind more boulevard-bruising street machines and sportsman race victories than all of it's competitors combined.
- 500 lb-ft. of torque capacity
- Exceptionally light at just 99 lbs. dry
- Transmission bolt and input shaft are the same as Toploader four speed
- Works with manual/mechanical or hydraulic clutch release
- Robust 3-rail internal shift mechanism offers firm, positive shifts
- Standard shift location is the rear "Mustang" shift point
- Shift lever arm NOT included. Must be purchased separately.
- Dual speedo pick-ups for use with either electric or mechanical speedometers
- 10 spline input / 31 spline output
- 3.27, 1.98, 1.34, 1.00, .68 gear ratios
- 24.07" Casting length from tranmission front face to tail
Includes high-performance short-throw billet aluminum shifter, neutral safety switch and back-up light sensor.
TREMEC TKO transmissions can be shifted from three different locations - front, mid, and rear. From the factory they are configured as a rear shift. To change the location, you must purchase a mid or front shift kit (sold separately) and the rear shifter location is capped off with the provided plate.
TREMEC TKO transmissions are a great replacement for Ford toploader four-speeds as they have been configured to bolt up to the stock Ford bellhousings. Keep in mind that TREMEC TKOs are larger and taller then their 4-speed counter parts. The only parts needed to convert from a three or four speed is a cross member, shift lever, shift ball, and shorter speedometer cable. The driveshaft length is not affected for the Ford conversion as the transmissions are the same length. The slip yoke may have to be changed to match the output shaft.
TKO-500 Service Manual (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
TREMEC TCET4616 GM TKO-500 5-Speed Overdrive Manual Transmission
TREMEC TCET-5008 Ford TKO-600, Ford, 5-Speed Manual Transmission
TREMEC TCET 5009 GM TKO-600, GM, 5-Speed Manual Transmission
Speedway Motors SBC Driveline Kit, TREMEC TKO-600, 500 HP
TREMEC TCET4618 GM TKO-600 5-Speed Road Race Manual Transmission
Tremec GM TKO 5-Speed to 1949-53 Ford Flathead Engine Conversion Kit
Speedway Motors LS Transmission Kit, 5-Speed, TKO600, 500 HP
Speedway Motors SBC Transmission Kit, 5-Speed, TKO600, 500 HP
Bert Transmission 1400 Gen II Aluminum Standard Transmission
Brinn Transmission Kit for 2 Piece Rear Main Seal
Q & A
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back to talk Ford Automatic OverDrive Kickdown brackets and kits.
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.
Pat talks about our LS flexplate options.