Sweet Mfg 204-06185 Lightweight 700 Series Steering Box, 6:1, .185
Power Steering Box Type, Front Steer Steering Box Orientation, OEM/Stock Steering System Type
- Will fit 1938-1948 Ford Frames (see list)
- This removes weight from the nose of your Modified
- Has a 6:1 steering ratio and a 3/4"-30 spline input
- Steering box is constructed from steel and weighs only 25 pounds
- It is nearly 3 pounds lighter then any other GM 700 series steering gear on the market
These new lightweight steering boxes by Sweet Mfg. weigh nearly 3 pounds lighter then any other GM 700 series steering gear on the market. This removes weight from the nose of your Modified. Constructed from steel and weighs only 25 pounds. Sold each.
- Lightweight steel construction
- .185 valve
- 6:1 steering ratio
- 3/4"-30 spline input
- Sold each
Catalog Correction: These are NOT IMCA approved.
This steering box will bolt to and can be utilized with the following steering box mounts:
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Tim shows you how to adjust our Speedway Vega Steering box.
Tim talks about power & manual steering vega boxes.
We get a lot of questions about steering parts. Steve talks about some of the steering basics.
Learn some of the main differences between Cross and Traditional Steering. Whether you need a corvair or vega steering box and what will suit your application the best.
Steve takes us along as he centers the 525 manual steering gear he is using for his Laguna.
In this Tech Tip, John shares some tips with a customer about adjusting a steering box he got from us recently.
Our Tech Expert installs an F1 steering box in his roadster to give the steering a traditional feeling. Follow his process from testing fit to welding.