Speedway Vega Cross Steering Gear Box
Universal Fit, Manual Steering Box Type, Rear Steer Steering Box Orientation, Steel, Painted
- Faithful reproduction of size, shape and mounting hole locations. New casting and components
- Vega box is the popular standard of conventional cross steering boxes for hot rods
- Bolts up to all normal Vega-type brackets and accepts Vega-spline u-joints, pitman arms and accessories
- Durable cast-iron construction with machined steel components
- Must be adjusted for optimal and preferred driver feel upon installation per included instructions
The Vega Manual Steering Box is the foundation of a cross steering system, which is the most popular steering system for modern Hot Rods. These boxes are compact, durable and are getting more scarce every day.
This unit bolts up to all normal Vega-type brackets and accepts Vega-spline u-joints, pitman arms and accessories. Durable cast iron and machined steel construction will give years of high-mileage service.
- New castings and components
- Faithful reproduction of size, shape and mounting hole locations
- No core charge
Note: Vega steering box is not adjusted at the factory and therefore, it is necessary that the steering box be adjusted upon installation per the instructions as provided on the PDF instruction sheet.
This steering box will bolt to and can be utilized with the following steering box mounts:
- 916-32005 Model T-1934 Ford Frame - Steering Box Mount
- 916-32003 1935-41 Ford Frame - Steering Box Mount
- 916-32004 1941-48 Ford Frame Saginaw Steering Box Mount
- Must use pitman arm #702-2924 or #702-2925.
- Recommended for vehicles under 2800 lbs.
- The Vega box is the best choice for Model T - 1934 Ford chassis. 1935-48 chassis can use this Vega box or, if you need power steering, use Saginaw box 910-32500.
- Output Shaft (for Pitman arm):
- Splined area tapers from .997" to .934"
- Input Shaft 5/8"-36 spline
- Centerline through the output shaft to the front of the box is about 3"
- Overall length of the box not including the input shaft is 5-3/4"
- Input shaft extend rearward 1-3/16"
- From adjust screw to end of output shaft is 8"
- From outside of box to area on mounting surface is 4-1/2"
- Box has a swell in the casting that extends past the mounting legs an additional 1/4"
- Mounting pattern is 2-3/4" and 4-3/8" center to center of the three mounting holes
Cross Steering Guide (GIF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Tim shows you how to adjust our Speedway Vega Steering box.
Tim talks about power & manual steering vega boxes.