Speedway Small Block Chevy Gear Drive
Chevy Small Block V8
Replace your timing chain with a Speedway gear drive. Unlike timing chains, a gear drive doesn't stretch, so your cam timing stays more accurate. By utilizing dual idler gears, they are more stable than single idler gear drives. This gear drive is as easy to install as a timing chain and will fit under your stock timing chain cover.
- Easy to install
- Compatible with all standard camshafts
- SAE 660 silicon bronze rear thrust ring included
- Rugged Cr40 alloy steel gears assure prolonged trouble-free operation
- Axial needle and cage forward thrust bearings reduce friction
- Designed for precise multiple cam timing adjustments
- Absolutely no adverse wear to camshaft or valvetrain components
- Dyno tests prove no horsepower loss compared to a chain
For use on Chevrolet Small Block engines 1957–1995 262-400 c.i. all without “FACTORY” hydraulic roller camshaft.
Note: This gear drive will not work with a factory roller cam.
- Cam gear
- Dual Idler assembly
- Crankshaft gear
- Back Thrust Ring
- Thrust Button assembly
- 3-bolt Lockplate
- 0-2-4 degree offset bushings
- Instruction sheet
- Back Thrust Ring - 2.135 inside dia. X .062 thick
- Thrust Button assembly - .75 diameter X .65 length
- 3-bolt Lockplate - . 77 I.D. X 2.0 O.D. Stainless Steel
- Offset bushings - .406 O.D. X .235 thick 0-2-4 degree
More Like This
Tru-Gear Small Block Chevy Noisy Gear Drive
Speedway Small Block Chevy Premium Gear Drive
Speedway Small Block Chevy Premium Noisy Gear Drive
Edelbrock 7890 Accu-Drive Gear Drive, Small Block Chevy, Kit
Speedway Chevy B/B 396-454 Premium Gear Drive
Speedway Chevy B/B 396-454 Premium Noisy Gear Drive
COMP Cams 3211 Aluminum Cam Gear Set, Chevy 4-6 Cylinder 153-292 62-88
COMP Cams 3161 Fiber Cam Gear Set, Chevy 4-6-Cylinder 1962-88 153-292
Tru-Gear Ford 289-302-351W Gear Drive
Small Block Chevy Short Water Pump Gilmer Drive Kit
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!
Learn how to re-build a junkyard Small Block Chevy. A step-by-step guide on how to select a SBC, machine the valve guide bosses down, and what parts to use to upgrade to your personal liking.
A guide on how to check piston to valve clearance to prevent interference. See what tools are used to make this process easier.
Rebuilding an engine? Stay organized by using a valvetrain rocker arm organizer tray while disassembling the valvetrain components. Learn some tips on why you shouldn't mix up lifters if you intend on using them again.
Follow along as Jeff installs Mr. Gasket aluminum finned valve covers and gaskets to his iron-head engine. Learn how to prep the covers for a fresh coat of engine paint!
Follow along as we install a Pete Jackson Noisy Gear Drive on a Chevy 454. Learn about the installation process from Speedway Motors Street Tech Kevin.