Budget Street Small Block Chevy 350 Engine Rebuild Assembly Kit
350 Chevy Small Block V8
- Complete rebuild assembly kit for 1969-Up Small Block Chevy Engines
- New high tech, fatigue resistant 80-60-06 cast steel crank with near forged endurance
- These 5140 forged steel claimer I-beam connecting rods - Press fit style wrist pin bore
- Keith Black economy pistons feature coated skirts, wrist pin lockrings and T-5 hypereutectic construction
- IMCA approved for Hobby Stock, Northern, and Southern Sport Mod (Drilled only on the first rod throw)
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Make your Small Block Chevy engine new again with this budget street engine rebuild kit from Speedway Motors. These engine overhaul kits include components from top brands you trust like Keith Black, Clevite, Cloyes, Fel-Pro, Elgin, Isky, and of course, Speedway Motors.
- (1) Chevy 350 Crankshaft, Two-Piece Main
- (1) Keith Black KB 9901HC.030 Claimer SB Chevy 350 Pistons Set, Flat 4V Relief - Choose Oversize
- (1) Style A Moly Chevy 350 Piston Rings Set - Choose Oversize
- (1) Clevite S/B Chevy P Series Large Journal Rod Bearing Set - Choose Size
- (1) Clevite Chevy 302/305/327/350 P Series Main Bearings Set - Choose Size
- (1) Set of Small Block Chevy 5140 Steel I-Beam Rods, 5.7 Inch, Press Pin
- (1) Set of Clevite SH290S P-Series Small Block Chevy Cam Bearings
- (1) S/B Chevy Street Hydraulic Camshaft, 2000-4500 RPM
- (1) Isky Racing Cams RL-48 Camshaft Rev Lube, 4 Oz.
- (1) Set of Stock Chevy Hydraulic Lifters
- (1) Cloyes Gear C3023X S/B Chevy Double Roller Timing Chain
- (1) Stock Volume Small Block Chevy SBC Oil Pump, 5/8 Pickup
- (1) Fel-Pro KS2600 1967-1979 Chevy 350 Overhaul Gasket Set
- (1) Chevy 283-350 V8 Steel Freeze Plug Set
Speedway Chevy 350 Crankshaft, Two-Piece Main
- New, hi-tech fatigue-resistant 80-60-06 cast steel crank with near forged steel endurance
- All journals are ground and polished to exacting tolerances
- Superior quality stock replacement crank at a value price
- IMCA southern sport mod legal (Drilled only on the first rod throw)
- Angle oil shot holes
Speedway 5140 Steel I-Beam Rods, 5.7", Press Pin
- 5140 forged steel claimer I-beam connecting rods for Small Block Chevy
- Heat treated, shot peened and magnafluxed for maximum durability
- Suitable for engines producing up to 500 HP
- Features heavy-duty 3/8" cap screws
- Set of 8
- Press Pin - 646 grams
As provided, connecting rod will have approximately 0.003" press fit for the piston pin. Technical recommendation is to hone the connecting rod end to approximately 0.0012" - 0.0015" press fit, or to your specific press fit requirements for proper installation specifications.
KB Claimer Hypereutectic Pistons, Flat Top 4V, 5.7 Rod
- Keith Black economy (also known as economy pistons)
- Feature coated skirts, wrist pin lockrings, and T-5 hypereutectic construction
- Can be used with either press fit or floating wrist pins (lock rings included)
- Set of 8 for Chevy 350 c.i. (4.000" bore x 3.48" stroke)
- C/R 58cc=10.9, 64cc=10.2, 76cc=9.0
- Piston/Pin Weight: 630g
- Rod Length: 5.7"
- Comp Height 5.7" Rod - 1.565
- Comp Height 6.0" Rod - 1.265
- Pin Diameter - 0.9272
KB Claimer Piston Chart (GIF)
Speedway Moly Piston Rings, 4.00 Bore, Style A
- Speedway standard moly piston rings work with either gas or alcohol fuels, handle 8000+ rpm, and up to 14:1 compression
- Top 5/64"
- 2nd 5/64"
- Oil 3/16"
- Ring Style Chart (GIF)
Speedway Piston Ring Hierarchy
- Good - Speedway Gas Proven Series
- Better -Speedway Moly
- Best - Speedway Plasma Moly
- Ultimate Race - Speedway Pro Series
- Not to be confused with standard "passenger" car bearings, Clevite's P-Series is their oldest line of premium high-performance bearings
- Specifically for 302-305-327-350 S/B Chevy "Large Journal" engines built from 1969-Up (with 2.100" rod journal)
- Use P-Series rod bearings where extremely high RPMÆs cause severe rod bore close-in.
- Large Journal
- Use P-Series main bearings where higher eccentricity is desired to narrow bearing contact patterns and to provide increased oiling to rod bearings
- Note: Will not work with 400 c.i. V-8
- P-Series Features (Link)
- Clevite Application Chart (GIF)
Clevite P-Series 1969-Up SBC Rod Bearings
- Choose Size
Clevite P-Series 1969-Up SBC Main Bearings
- Choose Size
Clevite SH290S P-Series SBC Cam Bearings
- Standard Size
Camshaft & Timing
Speedway Street Hydraulic Camshaft, 2000-4500 RPM
- Our flat-tappet hydraulic cams offer superior performance and the very best value
- Hydraulic - good idle, daily usage and off road
- High towing, performance & fuel efficiency, 2600-3000 cruise rpm
- These grinds are tried and tested!
- Must be used with a break-in oil additive (included)
- Cam Card - 915111424 (PDF)
- Application Chart (GIF)
- 915-111424 Instructions (PDF)
Speedway Stock Chevy Hydraulic Lifters
- Stock replacement lifters at a super price!
- Excellent choice for street performance applications
- Feature precision internal valving, for quiet, reliable valve train operation
- Maximum RPM potential limited to about 5000 rpm
- Set of 16
Cloyes Gear SBC Double Roller Timing Chain
- Heavy-duty double-roller timing chain sets for S/B Chevy V8s
- Cast iron cam sprockets
- High-quality, heat-treated steel crank sprockets with triple keyways
- .200"diameter rollers
Isky Camshaft Rev Lube
- Moly-sulphide paste used to protect cam lobes and tappets, rocker arms, valve stems and guides, push rod ends and distributor drive gears during initial start-up and break-in
- Learn why using assembly lube is so important in our tech article, Installing New Hardware
- Material Safety Data Sheet (PDF)
Gaskets and Lubrication
Stock Volume SBC Oil Pump, 5/8" Pickup
- Keeping your Small Block Chevy's oiling system in proper working order is important
- Meets or exceeds all OEM specifications
- Preset to 55-65 psi to satisfy most mild-mannered SBC engines
- If additional oil pressure is needed, you can always change to a high-volume oil pump spring for a quick boost in oil pressure if needed
- Combine this pump with a new 5/8" oil pickup tube to fit your stock-style oil pan
- Meets or exceeds OEM SBC oil pump specs
- Standard volume pump for stock/mild SBC engines
- Stock-style 1.200" long gear
- Preset 55-65 psi pressure
- Use with 5/8" oil pump pick-up tube
- 577-OP55 Instructions (PDF)
Fel-Pro Overhaul Gasket Set
- Composite cylinder head gaskets
- Valve cover gaskets
- Water pump gaskets
- Intake gaskets
- Front seal and cover gasket
- Oil pan gasket (for drivers side dipstick only)
- Rear main seal
Elgin Steel Freeze Plug Set
- Complete freeze plug kits
- Available in steel
- For 283-350 small block Chevy V8
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Speedway Chevy 350 Crankshaft, Two-Piece MainPart # 91515350Qty x 1
Small Block Chevy 5140 Steel I-Beam Rods, 5.7 Inch, Press PinPart # 91015327Qty x 1
KB Claimer Chevy 350 Hypereutectic Pistons, Flat Top 4V, 5.7 RodPart # 4749901Qty x 1
Speedway Moly Piston Rings, 4.00 Bore, Style APart # 9152510Qty x 1
Clevite P-Series 1969-Up Small Block Chevy Rod BearingsPart # 757R324Qty x 1
Clevite P-Series 1969-Up Small Block Chevy Main BearingsPart # 757M338Qty x 1
Clevite Engine Parts SH290S P-Series Small Block Chevy Cam BearingsPart # 757CH8Qty x 1
Speedway S/B Chevy Street Hydraulic Camshaft, 2000-4500 RPMPart # 915111424Qty x 1
Stock Chevy Hydraulic LiftersPart # 915817Qty x 1
Cloyes Gear C3023X S/B Chevy Double Roller Timing ChainPart # 280C3023XQty x 1
Stock Volume Small Block Chevy SBC Oil Pump, 5/8 PickupPart # 577OP55Qty x 1
Fel-Pro KS2600 1967-1979 Chevy 350 Overhaul Gasket SetPart # 344KS2600Qty x 1
Chevy 283-350 V8 Steel Freeze Plug SetPart # 5504481Qty x 1
Isky Racing Cams RL-48 Camshaft Rev Lube, 4 Oz.Part # 450R4Qty x 1
Q & A
Learn about the importance of getting the chain tension set correctly, and why it is critical that we get it as near perfect as we can. Walkthrough a basic procedure that effectively and consistently gets the chain tension set properly every time.
Step back in time with our modern reproduction of the iconic Chevy 461 double hump cylinder heads, now cast in lightweight aluminum! In this video, Joe and Wyatt discuss the features that bring the vaunted camel hump heads into the 21st Century.
Check out this helpful piston ring style chart.
Professional insight on some useful crate engine tools that will improve your engine building experience.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
In this Tech Tip, John discusses LT1 rotating assembly options for a customer looking to build a solid autoX, drag, and occasional strip powerplant for his Firebird.