Speedway Chrome Vega Cross Steering Box
Universal Fit, Manual Steering Box Type, Rear Steer Steering Box Orientation, Steel, Chrome
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Our chrome Vega steering box bolts up to all normal Vega-type brackets and accepts Vega spline U-joints, pitman arms, and accessories.
- Durable cast iron and machined steel construction
- Gives years of high-mileage service
- Faithful reproduction of size, shape and mounting hole locations
- No core charge
This steering box will bolt to and can be utilized with the following steering box mounts:
- 916-32005 Model T-1934 Ford Frame - Steering Box Mount
- 916-32003 1935-41 Ford Frame - Steering Box Mount
- 916-32004 1941-48 Ford Frame Saginaw Steering Box Mount
- Must use pitman arm #702-2924 or #702-2925.
- Recommended for vehicles under 2800 lbs.
- The Vega box is the best choice for Model T - 1934 Ford chassis. 1935-48 chassis can use this Vega box or, if you need power steering, use Saginaw box 910-32500.
- Input shaft (for steering u-joint)
- 5/8-36 spline
- Output Shaft (for Pitman arm):
- 1" O.D.
- 4 master splined shaft
- Splined area tapers from .997" to .934"
- Centerline through the output shaft to the front of the box is about 3"
- Overall length of the box not including the input shaft is 5-3/4"
- Input shaft extend rearward 1-3/16"
- From adjust screw to end of output shaft is 8"
- From outside of box to area on mounting surface is 4-1/2"
- Box has a swell in the casting that extends past the mounting legs an additional 1/4"
- Mounting pattern is 2-3/4" and 4-3/8" center to center of the three mounting holes
More Like This
Flaming River FR1500 Vega Steering Box
Flaming River FR1500TC Chrome Tech-V Vega Steering Box
Flaming River FR1500C Chrome Vega Steering Box
Speedway Vega Cross Steering Gear Box
Speedway Vega Style Steering Box Combo, All New Assembly
Speedway Reversed Corvair Parallel Steering Gear Box
1965-1991 GM 525 Manual Steering Box w/ 3/4-30 Input Spline
Speedway Vega Power Cross Steering Gear Box Combo
Steer Clear Steering Box Drop, Brushed Finish
Steer Clear Steering Box Drop, Polished Finish
Q & A
Tim shows you how to adjust our Speedway Vega Steering box.
Tim talks about power & manual steering vega boxes.
We get a lot of questions about steering parts. Steve talks about some of the steering basics.
Today we are installing original style pump, pulleys, brackets, and hoses! Watch as Joe and Zach improve the ratio and make driving the Chevelle easier.