Speedway Chevy 700R4 Automatic Transmission, 2200-2400 Stall
700R4, Four Number of Gears, Torque Converter Included, Lockup Compatible
- This Speedway exclusive 4-speed Chevy 700R4 Street Rod crate transmission package comes dyno tested to ensure quality and performance
- 2200-2400 stall torque converter is included and will accommodate performance camshafts
- Heavy duty Raybestos HP clutches, new bushings, seals, and rebuilt pump ensure long trouble free operation
- Torque converter lockup has been modified to lock in 4th gear only
- An aluminum transmission pan is installed and features a drain plug to make fluid changes clean and trouble free
Exclusive 4-speed overdrive Chevy 700R4 Street Rod crate transmission package from Speedway Motors. Each 700R-4 automatic transmission is dyno tested to ensure quality and performance.
- Torque converter
- Fully balanced and tested
- 2200-2400 stall speed (400-600 over stock)
- Provides great off the line starts while retaining remarkable streetability
- Supports up to 550 HP
- Street performance valve body
- High performance servo
- Raybestos z-pack
- HP sun shell
- Raybestos HP clutches
- OEM input shaft
- Aluminum transmission pan w/ drain
- Converter lock-up in 4th gear only
- Must supply power to trans for lockup to function
Backed by a 1 year warranty.
Performance torque converters are generally grouped by size (diameter) and stall speed (RPM). As the diameter of a torque converter decreases, the stall speed goes up. Most factory torque converters are 12-13 inches in diameter and have a stall speed of 1600-1800 RPM. Problems can arise when modifications are done to the fuel system, camshaft, or other engine control systems. Smaller diameter converters are needed to provide more slip at idle. This allows engines with a lot of camshaft to idle better. As the torque converter and horsepower range is moved higher in the RPM range, small torque converters with their higher stall speeds provide maximum torque multiplication where it's needed. Also, the same torque converter will react differently when used behind different engines.
More Like This
Speedway Chevy TH350 Automatic Transmission, 2200-2300 Stall
Speedway Chevy TH350 Automatic Transmission, 2500-2700 Stall
700R4 Transmission Pan-Chrome Steel
Speedway Ford C4 Street King Transmission
Speedway Street King Ford AOD Transmission
Ford C4 Transmission Pan-Chrome Steel
Speedway Motors SBC Transmission Kit, 5-Speed, TKO600, 500 HP
Speedway Motors LS Transmission Kit, 6-Speed, Tremec T56, 700 HP
TH350 Transmission Chrome Dipstick-27 Inch
TH350 Transmission Dipstick-34 Inch-Chrome
Q & A
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back to talk Ford Automatic OverDrive Kickdown brackets and kits.
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.
Pat talks about our LS flexplate options.
Tech write-up and a video of a Lokar shifter install on an automatic transmission.
Learn how to install our new Muscle Car Shifters from Lokar.
Follow along as Jeff installs an early 700R4 transmission for the big block in his 1967 Chevelle. See how this unit is upgraded and converted to a later 30 spline style.
Learn how to convert an engine using a Carbureted LS Conversion Kit, along with tips for a smooth install. Read more on the manifold and timing control module, which comes with an MSD ignition control box and wiring harness.