Speedway 1973-87 Chevy Truck Under Box Aluminum Fuel Tank Kit
75-87 Chevy, Custom Replacement Fuel Tank Style, Carbureted Fuel System Type, Aluminum, Natural
- Designed specifically for 1973-1987 Chevy trucks
- Full aluminum construction
- 20 gallon capacity
- Compact size
- Kit includes fill valve and all necessary hardware
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
If you've been wanting to replace your rusty old fuel tank with a shiny new one under the box of your 1973-87 Chevy Truck, then look no further! This kit features everything you will need to mount a brand new fuel tank under your pick-up bed and comes with a fuel tank, roll-over vent valve, fuel filler hose, billet aluminum filler neck w/ pop-up gas cap, and a fuel level sender.
This kit includes:
- 911-40246 1973-87 Chevy Truck Aluminum Fuel Tank, 20 Gallon
- 20 gallon aluminum fuel tank
- Designed to be mounted under the 1973-87 Chevy Truck box
- Measures 27" x 17-1/2" x 9-1/2"
- 1/4" female NPT thread for vent hose/fitting (works perfectly with included 458-400)
- Male AN#6 fitting affixed to a pick-up tube threaded into tank with 3/8" NPT threads
- Sender has 10/24th thread count
- 458-400 Speedway Fuel Tank Roll-Over Vent Valve
- Automatically stops fuel flow if your car somehow gets upside down
- Inside is a needle/ball seat which stops fuel flow out the vent (if you get upside down)
- Accepts 5/16" hose
- Fits into 1/4" NPT port
- Measures 3" bottom-to-top
- 617-9060-12 Fuel Filler Hose Kit, 1-1/2" I.D., 12 Inch
- Includes 12" length of fuel resistant 1-1/2" diameter hose and two tube clamps
- 910-12521 Speedway Billet Aluminum Fuel Filler Neck w/ Pop-Up Gas Cap
- Polished billet aluminum pop-up flush mount gas cap
- Measures 2-1/2" O.D. and 1.600" tall
- Works with 1-1/2" hose
- Does not have a vent hole. Some air might get past the threads that hold the cap on, but there is no dedicated venting passage
- 911-40561 Omega Kustom Fuel Tank Level Gauge Sender, 0/90 OHM, 8-24 Inch Tank
- Works in tanks from 8" to 24" deep
- Can be used as RH or LH swing with minor adjustment
- Comes with seal and all mounting hardware
- 0 ohms empty, 90 ohms full
- Overall Length: 14.50"
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
1973-87 Chevy Truck Aluminum Fuel Tank, 20 GallonPart # 91140246Qty x 1
Speedway Fuel Tank Roll-Over Vent ValvePart # 458400Qty x 1
Installation Hose Kit for 617-9040, 12 Inch LengthPart # 6179060-12Qty x 1
Speedway Billet Aluminum Fuel Filler Neck w/ Pop-Up Gas CapPart # 91012521Qty x 1
Omega Kustom Fuel Tank Level Gauge Sender, 0/90 Ohm, 8-24 Inch TankPart # 91140561Qty x 1
More Like This
Holley Sniper 19-157 EFI Fuel Tank System 82-91 Chevy Truck 8 Ft.
FiTech 58014 EFI Fuel Tank, 73-81 GM Truck Short Bed Coated Steel
FiTech 58016 EFI Fuel Tank, 73-81 GM Truck Long Bed, Coated Steel
Holley Sniper 19-155 EFI Fuel Tank System 73-81 Chevy Truck 8 Ft.
Holley Sniper 19-511 Stock Replacement Fuel Tank, 82-87 C/K Truck
FiTech 58015 EFI Fuel Tank, 82-87 GM Truck Short Bed Coated Steel
FiTech 58017 EFI Fuel Tank, 82-91 GM Truck Long Bed, Coated Steel
Holley Sniper 19-154 EFI Fuel Tank System 73-81 Chevy Truck 6 Ft.
Holley Sniper 19-156 EFI Fuel Tank System 82-87 Chevy Truck 6 Ft.
1973-1981 Chevy C10 OEM Replacement Fuel Tank, 16 Gallon
Q & A
We take a look at some parts going into a 1951 Chevy Truck project. We highlight a few key pieces including the 1947-1954 Chevy Truck EFI Fuel tank.
Pat talks about our Tanks Inc. EFI fuel tanks.
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks built a 1952 Chevy truck in celebration of the 65th anniversary of Speedway Motors. Check out the short video on one of the products used in the build.
Now that Project Chevelle is making some real power, we've decided to ditch the old tank, lines, and pump in favor of a new tank and pump from Tanks Inc.
How to clean and seal your old tank
Thinking about rebuilding your fuel system but you're not sure what it entails? Click here for a comprehensive article on what to expect!
A step by step on how to install an EFI Fuel Tank kit in a 1967 Chevelle. Learn the benefits of using this kit including expanded fuel capacity and a 24 gallon tank.