Speedway 1955-57 Chevy Car Power Steering Box
Power Steering Box Type, Front Steer Steering Box Orientation, OEM/Stock Steering System Type
- This new 500 Series power steering box for 1955-1957 Chevy cars is just the ticket to update your ride
- Uses rotary valve technology to give you a superior road feel and driver feedback
- Use with your original Pitman arm or with our replacement Pitman arm 91032507
- 14:1 steering ratio provides confident and predictable steering
- Input shaft is 3/4”-30 spline for connecting a rag joint or U-joint
This new 500 Series power steering box for 1955-1957 Chevy cars is just the ticket to update your ride. Uses rotary valve technology to give you a superior road feel and driver feedback eliminating leaky, sloppy steering! The 500 Series is truly the best of its kind. It is the only box on the market today manufactured with a one piece housing (no welding), all new parts, uses original pitman arm, and has a 14:1 ratio.
- 3/4"-30 input spline
- Steering ratio is 14:1
- Easy replacement for GM 605 box
- Input shaft is 3/4”-30 spline (the same as the 605 box)
- Sector shaft is 1” 36-4 tapered spline, the same as the original 1955-64 pitman shaft
- Pressure fitting is 7/16" tube (11/16"-18 inverted flare port)
- Return fitting is 3/8" tube (5/8"-18 inverted flare port)
- Overall distance from top of adjuster to end of pitman shaft is 14"
- Length of housing where it bolts to the frame in a 3-bolt pattern is 6-3/8"
- Bolt pattern is 3-3/16" center to center on two holes parallel with pitman shaft
- Bolt pattern is 3-1/8" center to center on two holes perpendicular to pitman shaft
- Overall length of main body from input shaft to end of housing is 11-3/4"
- From tip of input shaft to center of output housing is approx 7-1/2"
- From end of pitman shaft to center of input housing is approx 10-3/4"
910-32505 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
1965-1991 GM 525 Manual Steering Box w/ 3/4-30 Input Spline
Speedway Vega Style Steering Box Combo, All New Assembly
Speedway Vega Cross Steering Gear Box
Speedway Reversed Corvair Parallel Steering Gear Box
Steer Clear Steering Box Drop, Brushed Finish
Steer Clear Steering Box Drop, Polished Finish
Speedway Chrome Vega Cross Steering Box
Speedway Vega Power Cross Steering Gear Box Combo
Speedway Reversed Corvair Parallel Steering Gear Box Assembly
CPP VEGA-PSB Vega Power Steering Box
Q & A
Tim shows you how to adjust our Speedway Vega Steering box.
Tim talks about power & manual steering vega boxes.
We get a lot of questions about steering parts. Steve talks about some of the steering basics.
Our new 383 engine gets installed in the '32 Roadster. We also update the steering wheel, shift knob/adapter, and wheels and tires. It's got some real 1960's flair now!
Not only is Greg Turner's '56 a great driver, it's full of great family memories. Built in the home garage by Greg and his sons, this clean Chevy has covered a lot of miles.
Steve takes us along as he centers the 525 manual steering gear he is using for his Laguna.
In this Tech Tip, John shares some tips with a customer about adjusting a steering box he got from us recently.