Speedway 1953-60 Ford F1 Pickup Truck Dropped Axle
53-55 Ford F Series, 57-59 Ford F Series, 53-60 Ford F-100 Pickup, Ford Spindle Type, Steel
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Our dropped axles for your classic Ford F1 pickup will get the front end down where you want it. And with the additional negative camber built into the axle, this is designed to work best with radial tires to withstand the rigors of driving on modern roads at higher speeds. The center portion of the axle is made of 2" DOM tubing while the ends are CNC milled from solid steel. These axles give you 2" of drop on the 57-60 chassis. Tie rod drops required, U-bolts sold separately.
If using this axle in conjunction with drop springs, you may encounter bump steer or tie rod issues.
- This provides 3"drop compared to the stock 53-56 axle, it provides
2"drop compared to the 57-60 axle.
- Dropped tie-rod ends 910 48640 may be required to provide tie-rod to spring
- If you are also using dropped springs, they may need to modify the
drag link / pitman arm to avoid bump steer.
- Kingpin center to center = 53 3/4"
- Spring pad center to center = 32 3/4"
- Axle will provide a camber reading of -1.6 degrees
- Works best with radial tires for todays roads and higher speeds
Item Details3" drop 1953-56
2" drop 1957-60
More Like This
Spring Over Front Tube Axle, Ford Spindle, 6 Inch Drop, Stainless
Plain Front Tube Axle w/ Perch Bolt Holes, Ford Spindle
1928-1948 Ford Straight Axles
Spring Behind Front Tube Axle, Ford Spindle, 4 Inch Drop, Chrome
Spring Over Front Tube Axle, Ford Spindle, 4 Inch Drop, Chrome
Stainless Front Tube Axle w/ Perch Bolt Holes, Ford Spindle
Spring Over Front Tube Axle, Ford Spindle, 4 Inch Drop, Stainless
Spring Behind Front Tube Axle, Ford Spindle, 6 Inch Drop, Stainless
Speedway Heavy Duty Gasser Straight Axles, Ford Spindle
Spring Behind Front Tube Axle, Ford Spindle, 4 Inch Drop, Plain
Q & A
Pat talks about our 67-72 pickup rear end housing and some of the options we have for it.
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.