Speedway 1947-53 Chevy Pickup Under Box Aluminum Fuel Tank Kit
47-53 GMC, 47-53 Chevy, Custom Replacement Fuel Tank Style, 17 gallons Capacity, Aluminum
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
If you've been wanting to replace your rusty old fuel tank with a shiny new one under the box of your 1947-1953 Chevy Pick-Up, then look no further! This kit features all of the parts that were used in our 1952 Chevy Truck Week-to-Wicked build and includes a bolt-in fuel tank, roll-over vent valve, fuel filler hose, billet aluminum filler neck w/ pop-up gas cap, and a fuel level sender.
This kit includes:
- 910-76047 1947-53 Chevy Pickup Under Box Aluminum Fuel Tank
- 17 gallon aluminum fuel tank
- Designed to be mounted under the 1947-53 Chevy Pick-Up box
- 38" X 12" X 8.5"
- 458-400 Speedway Fuel Tank Roll-Over Vent Valve
- Automatically stops fuel flow using a needle/ball seat if your car somehow gets upside down
- Accepts 5/16" hose
- Measures 3" bottom-to-top
- 617-9060-12 Fuel Filler Hose Kit, 1-1/2" I.D., 12 Inch
- Includes 12" length of fuel resistant 1-1/2" diameter hose and two tube clamps
- 910-12521 Speedway Billet Aluminum Fuel Filler Neck w/ Pop-Up Gas Cap
- Polished billet aluminum pop-up flush mount gas cap
- Measures 2-1/2" O.D. and 1.600" tall
- Works with 1-1/2" hose
- Does not have a vent hole. Some air might get past the threads that hold the cap on, but there is no dedicated venting passage
- 910-65082 Speedway Fuel Level Sender, 240-33 Ohm, 6-24 Inch
- Works in tanks from 6" to 24" deep
- Can be used as RH or LH swing with minor adjustment
- Comes with seal and all mounting hardware
- 240 ohms empty, 33 ohms full
- 2-3/4" flange OD
- Overall Length: 15.50"
910-76047 Aluminum Fuel Tank:
- DOES NOT accept original truck fuel sending unit
- DOES accept common aftermarket gauge sending units (included in kit)
- Measures 38" x 12" x 8-1/2"
- Tank is 38" wide, mounting tabs extend 3" on each side of tank - total width is 44" with mounting tabs
- 1/4" female NPT thread for vent hose/fitting (works perfectly with included 458-400)
- Male AN#6 fitting affixed to a pick-up tube threaded into tank with 3/8" NPT threads
- Sender has 10/24th thread count
- Note: The pickup tubes are sealed into the tank to prevent leaks and removal will damage both the threads on the pickup tube as well as the tank fitting.
- Mounting brackets are 4" down from top and 4-1/2" up from bottom of tank and 10" wide
- Fill spout is 1-1/2" tall x 1-1/2" OD
What's In The Kit
1947-53 Chevy Pickup Under Box Aluminum Fuel TankPart # 91076047Qty x 1
Speedway Fuel Tank Roll-Over Vent ValvePart # 458400Qty x 1
Installation Hose Kit for 617-9040, 12 Inch LengthPart # 6179060-12Qty x 1
Speedway Billet Aluminum Fuel Filler Neck w/ Pop-Up Gas CapPart # 91012521Qty x 1
Speedway Fuel Level Sender, 240-33 Ohm, 6-24 InchPart # 91065082Qty x 1
More Like This
1947-53 Chevy Pickup Under Box Aluminum Fuel Tank
1947-53 EFI Ready Aluminum Fuel Tank
Speedway Universal Fabricated Aluminum Fuel Tank, 16 Gallon
Spun Aluminum Fuel Tank, 9-1/2 Gallon, 10 x 28-1/2 Inch
Speedway Motors Spun Aluminum Fuel Tank, 5 Gallon, 8 x 24 Inch
Speedway Spun Aluminum Tank, 2 Gallon
Speedway Aluminum Tank, 4 Gallon, 8 x 20-1/2 Inch
Spun Aluminum Fuel Tank, 7 Gallon, 8 x 33 Inch
Spun Aluminum Fuel Tank, 5 Gallon, 8 x 24 Inch
Spun Aluminum Fuel Tank, 11 Gallon, 10 x 33 Inch, Centered Outlet
Q & A
We take a look at some parts going into a 1951 Chevy Truck project. We highlight a few key pieces including the 1947-1954 Chevy Truck EFI Fuel tank.
Pat talks about our Tanks Inc. EFI fuel tanks.
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks built a 1952 Chevy truck in celebration of the 65th anniversary of Speedway Motors. Check out the short video on one of the products used in the build.
Now that Project Chevelle is making some real power, we've decided to ditch the old tank, lines, and pump in favor of a new tank and pump from Tanks Inc.
Check out episode 9 of our 410 Sprint Car Build series! Today, the guys are having some fun with the fuel system.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
How to clean and seal your old tank