Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
With their exciting, racy styling, Track T roadsters are some of the most recognizeable hot rods in American automotive history. Designed for nostalgic originality, Speedway’s Track-T Roadster is an economical way to relive that vintage motoring spirit. This kit car turns heads wherever it goes with its beautiful, one-piece 1927 T body, smooth lines and custom track style nose. The Track-T is designed to use the powertrain from 4-cylinder or V6 powered rear wheel drive vehicles. In such a small, lightweight car they become mighty spirited performers.
The 1927 Track-T basic kit includes a 1927 Model T Roadster body with right and left full length side frame covers and custom floor with transmission tunnel. It also comes with a passenger compartment rear bulkhead divider, street rodder nose, rear roll pan, smooth flat cowl/firewall and front shock mounts. Headlight mounts, and hood top are also included. The storage compartment behind the seat is even large enough to accept 2-3 suitcases, or a large cooler & picnic basket.
The rigid tube steel chassis features front & rear kick-ups for a lower ride height and includes pre-mounted suspension bracketry. The chassis is built to accomodate a traditional spring-over, tube axle front suspension with Hairpin radius rods, Vega cross steering, and '49-'54 Chevy spindles. Rear suspension mounts will attach a solid axle to quarter elliptic springs with upper torque arms, Panhard bar, and tube shocks.
This product is made to order so quantities may vary. Please allow three to four weeks lead time.
- Fiberglass Body
- One-piece '27 T body
- Street Rodder nose
- Full length frame covers (left & right sides)
- Rear roll pan
- Floor pan w/ transmission tunnel
- Passenger compartment rear bulkhead
- Steering column support (steel tube)
- 2" x 3" x .120 wall square tube steel frame rails
- Round tube front & rear kick-ups
- Includes the following mounted brackets:
- front crossmember
- front spring perch
- shock/headlight bracket mounting pad
- front braces with steering box mount
- front radius rod mounting roids
- rear radius rod mounting roids
- "K" member
- rear spring mounting pads
- rear vertical hoop
- rear horizontal hoop
- fuel tank support tube
- rear shock mounting tabs
- rear Panhard bar mount
- rear bumper mounting pads
- under-engine crossmember*
- transmission mount (4" drop)*
- nose mounting straps*
- * (Customer to install)
- Headlight & Front Shock Mounts
- Shock/headlight mounting brackets
- Bolts, nuts, washers
- We reccommend using a Ford 2300cc four, or for more power, go with a Chevy 60-Degree V-6. Many speed parts are available for both engines. In addition, an auto trans is much easier to use due to the limited amount of floor space for foot pedals.
- For more detailed build information, please refer to Track-T Assembly Manual 973-86127. This detailed assembly manual will aid both novice street rodders as well as the expert car builder. Supplemental illustrations provided in this manual will make assembly of the Track-T much easier.
The following specifiations are for a Track-T equipped with a Chevy 2.8 60-Degree V-6, TH-350 trans, & Mustang II/Pinto rear axle:
- Weight: 1500 lbs. (wet w/o driver)
- Weight Distribution: 50-50
- Wheelbase: 106-3/4”
- Track: 57” Front, 60” Rear
- Ground Clearance: 3-1/4”
- Turning Radius: 12’ 4”
- Overall Height: 43-1/2”
- Overall Length: 139”
- Width of Body: 48”
- Fuel Capacity: 10.8 gallons
- This product is discontinued.
- This item 97390100 is made to order. It will be shipped from our warehouse when it is produced.
What's In The Kit
27 Track T Chassis KitPart # 97390100-1Qty x 1
Speedway Track-T Instruction ManualPart # 97386127Qty x 1
Street Rodder Fiberglass NosePart # 9002091Qty x 1
Speedway Universal 4 Inch Drop Tubular Transmission Crossmember MountPart # 91628904Qty x 1
Standard 1926-27 T Roadster Body w/o Doors and FloorPart # 9002700Qty x 1
1926-27 T Lower Rear Roll PanPart # 9002721Qty x 1
1927 T Hood for Street Rodder NosePart # 9002722Qty x 1
1926-27 T Floor PanelPart # 97327300Qty x 1
1926-27 T Bulkhead PanelPart # 97327400Qty x 1
Track T- Frame CoverPart # 97327500-LHQty x 1
Track T - Frame CoverPart # 97327500-RHQty x 1
Q & A
Pat show how our Speedy Bill shotgun scoop kit looks installed.
Speedway Motors employee Pat joins us once again. This time Pat is talking to the Model A and Model T owners, specifically in regards to Moto-Meters and accessories.
Dialing in a suspension setup? Why not use a vehicle mounted camera to record the travel? Click here for some information on the versatility of vehicle mounted cameras and where to mount them!
Learn about the defining differences between 1933 and 1934 Fords, including interior and exterior differences.
A general breakdown of the the product costs associated with each of our in-house chassis and build lists.
Learn how to use a windshield remover tool to assist with in-depth builds. A step-by-step guide to windshield removal.
Learn how to safely remove window moldings on your classic car using a Windshield Molding Removal Tool. These tips will ensure a smooth removal process.