Small Block Chevy Low Mount Alternator Bracket, Plain
Chevy Small Block V8, Steel, Natural, Hardware Included
- Mounts common Delco alternators below frost plug at left front corner of S/B Chevy using bolt holes next to timing cover
- Works with short water pumps
- Chrome, Steel, or plain
These low mount alternator brackets mount common Delco alternators below the frost plug at the left front corner (driver's side) of your small block Chevy using bolt holes next to the timing cover. They are ideal for custom builds, street rods, and tube chassis cars that do not have power steering and work with short ('55-'68 S/B Chevy) water pumps. These brackets will support a standard full-size GM alternator which is sold separately. Includes bracket, bolts and spacers.
- Mounts common Delco alternators below frost plug
- Left front corner (driver's side) of engine
- Bolt holes next to the timing cover
- Includes bracket, bolts and spacers
- small block Chevy
- 1955-1968 short water pumps
Note: Watch for steering box clearance!
- Mounts alternator down beside oil pan, using early front motor mount holes.
- This bracket will NOT work with Speedway's T-bucket kits because the frames are too narrow.
- Not designed for use with standard (stock) engine crossmembers - will require modification to allow clearance.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Small Block Chevy Low Mount Alternator Bracket, Chrome
1976-86 Small Block Chevy Alternator Bracket
Small Block Chevy Alternator Slide Bracket
Small Block Chevy Chrome Alternator Base Brackets
Small Block Chevy Lower Alternator Bracket, Chrome
Small Block Chevy Upper Alternator Bracket, Chrome
1969-1975 Small Block Chevy Alternator Brace
1965-1968 Small Block Chevy Alternator Brace
1976-1986 Small Block Chevy OEM Alternator Brace
Small Block Chevy Lower Alternator Bracket, Plain
Q & A
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Follow along as our Expert details his restoration methods for making an engine in an old 1954 Chevy look new again with a little cleaning and refinishing.
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.
These are the specifications for the alternator and A/C brackets from Bill's Hot Rod Company available at Speedway Motors.
Check out our one wire alternator conversion guide. We cover GM 1 wire alternator wiring as well as Ford and Chevy. Learn about pulley ratio and charging too!
Brief review of the different types of Ford alternators and regulators available through Speedway Motors.