Shaver-Wesmar Small Block Chevy Gear Drive, Standard Cam Height
Chevy Small Block V8
- Designed to fit most small block Chevys
- They are highly adjustable and easy to install
- It is made of ultra-light aluminum aircraft alloy
- Features a crack resistant steel idler gear support
- Gears are precision cut from 9310 steel, with no more than a .001 total run out with 20 degrees pressure angle
Ron Shaver and Bob Westphal have combined their 70+ years experience in the sprint engine building business to create the ultimate gear drive.
- Made of ultra-light aluminum aircraft alloy
- Crack resistant steel idler gear support
- Gears precision cut from 9310 steel, with no more than a .001 total run out with 20 degrees pressure angle
- Fits most small block Chevys
- Highly adjustable and easy to install
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!
Picking the right camshaft can be a challenge. Use our camshaft selection guide to learn how to select the right cam for your street rod's best performance.
Rebuilding an engine? Stay organized by using a valvetrain rocker arm organizer tray while disassembling the valvetrain components. Learn some tips on why you shouldn't mix up lifters if you intend on using them again.
Follow along as we install a Pete Jackson Noisy Gear Drive on a Chevy 454. Learn about the installation process from Speedway Motors Street Tech Kevin.
To get the longest life and most performance out of your engine, it's important to have the valve lash set correctly. Here we show you how to set valve lash on a Small Block Chevy using a hydraulic lift camshaft in just eight steps.
Learn how to re-build a junkyard Small Block Chevy. A step-by-step guide on how to select a SBC, machine the valve guide bosses down, and what parts to use to upgrade to your personal liking.