Shaved Door Handle and Smooth Firewall Kit, 16 Gauge Sheet Metal
Universal Fit, 16 Gauge Thickness, 0.0598" Material Thickness, Steel
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
These 16-gauge welding discs are designed to fill the holes left over from shaving body trim, smoothing firewalls, or even that little rust spot in a body panel. This 29-piece kit includes sheet metal patches in several conventional hole sizes. The patch itself is slightly undersized to allow it to fit cleanly into the hole, however, the real icing on the cake is the tabs surrounding each circle.
The tabs along the perimeter center the patch inside of the hole, while also providing a gap for a clean butt-weld. Butt-welding can withstand stress better than any other type of joint, so not only is it the easiest way to plug the holes in your car's body, it's also very strong. There's no chance of it cracking or chipping like fiberglass or body filler, and you won't have to worry about it ever rotting away. The gap that is provided by these tabs also helps to keep your post-patch fabrication to a minimum, as the weld is able to fill in an open area, instead of pooling on top of your patch. The less of a bulge you have on top, the less grinding you'll have to do to get everything looking smooth and clean.
These .0598” sheet metal plates are the perfect thickness to patch a hole, smooth a firewall, shave door handles, and fabricate a custom engine bay. Keep in mind that depending on the age of your car, the location of the patch, the manufacturer, and other factors, there are several different gauges of steel that these panels can be made out of. We offer the firewall and door plugs in 18, 16, and 14 gauge, so no matter what your body is made of, there's a patch to fit.
- 16-gauge steel (approximately 0.0598" or 1/16")
- 29-piece assortment of sizes
- Tabs around disc allow for strong butt-weld
- This kit comes with 29 discs in several different sizes and quantities, so there's sure to be one that's perfectly suited to every hole you want to fill. If any holes are too small or irregularly shaped, a step drill bit makes quick work of opening them up to the next largest size in the kit.
- Don't forget that even though your shaved handles look great on the outside, sooner or later you're going to want to get in your car and drive it! We offer a great selection of door popper kits that will make you wonder why you settled for pulling on unsightly door handles for so long.
- Each kit contains:
- 1 Qty – 2.0” diameter
- 4 Qty – 1.5” diameter
- 4 Qty – 1.0” diameter
- 8 Qty – .75” diameter
- 12 Qty - .50” diameter
16 Gauge Steel - Approx. 0.0598" (1/16")
More Like This
Q & A
Pat goes over some of the sound dampening items we have to offer.
Here is one method of stopping rust immediately, without replacing a single body panel. Click for more information on how to deal with rusty floor boards.
Learn how to install insulation and loop carpet on a car floor to improve the appearance, reduce noise and heat impact, and enjoy driving your car even more.
Josh takes the plunge into making some patch panels for his 50 Chevy pickup truck. See how he begins the installation process to get the truck back on the road.
Maintain your classic's paint job with these 7 tips! Read this tech article to learn how to polish, preserve and protect your classic car's paint job.
A routine weekly maintenance checklist to perform between each race in order to keep a clean and efficient race car at the track.
Learn about choosing a race helmet and head safety considerations from sprint car driver McKenna Haase. Safety tips include correct helmet sizing and care.