Seals It Double Grommet Seal
Universal Fit, 5.25" Overall Length, 3.00" Overall Width
Grommet seals have many applications. In race cars they serve to keep unwanted smoke and fumes from entering the driver's area while protecting lines from chafing and abrading on rough surfaces. In hot rods and custom car applications, they provide the perfect "finishing touch" to all through-panel installations. Wiring, fuel and oil lines, air and liquid hoses, and all other lines that make up your rod or custom, can make an otherwise detailed installation look unfinished. Seals-It grommet seals add the well-organized, professional appearance you want throughout your vehicle.
- Choose from 4 hose fitment sizes: -AN4 (.250" hole), -AN6 (.375" hole), -AN8 (.500" hole), -AN10 (.625" hole)
- Features flange outside dimension of 5.25" x 3.0" with grommet hole spacing of 2.25"
Other Applications Include:
- Commercial Equipment
- Motor homes, etc.
- Use of lubricant is desirable during assembly (petroleum jelly, silicone grease, etc.)
- For special hose sizes or other parts (wire looms, shafts, etc.):
- Measure the O.D. of part in the area that will be retained by the grommet after installation.
- Satisfactory results are obtained by punching a hole that is 1/16" (1.5mm) to 1/8" (3.2mm) less than the hose size.
- These are general guidelines for application of grommet seals. The elastic properties of the grommets allow for wide variances based on application requirements and mounting area.
- Holes are best put in blank grommets using "gasket" or "leather working" punches using a hardwood backing for support.
- A sharpened piece of tubing of the desired diameter also works well; drilling is NOT recommended.
- Split grommet seals - These do not have the same "elastic" properties due to their construction. The hole size used should be matched closely to the item passing through the grommet. (i.e. .750" diameter shaft = .750" diameter hole)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Seals-It Single Grommet Seal, Rubber
Seals-it DB206225 Dashboard Gauge Grommet Seal, 2-1/16 Inch
Seals-it GS1003BL Blank Grommet Seal, 3 Inch
Seals-it DB260275 Dashboard Gauge Grommet Seal, 2-5/8 Inch
Seals-it GS20035BL Blank Grommet Seal, 1-1/2 Inch
Earls 29G001ERL Blank Seals-It Firewall Grommet Seal
Earls 29G008ERL Seals-It Firewall Grommet Seal, -8 AN
Earls 29G016ERL Seals-It Firewall Grommet Seal, -16 AN
Earls 29G006ERL Seals-It Firewall Grommet Seal, -6 AN
Earls 29G010ERL Seals-It Firewall Grommet Seal, -10 AN
Q & A
Need a battery box housing unit? Follow this step by step guide on how to modify a retro cooler to house a battery box. See how to secure the battery box to a car floor.
Next up for Jeff's 1967 Chevelle is fuse block mounting and wiring. View this guide on how to remove old wiring to installing a new fuse block and 22 circuit wiring harness.
This Chevelle project gets rewired with a Speedway Motors wiring kit. Follow along as Jeff guides you through this application, starting with a good mounting location for the fuse box. Learn more on continuity, grounding and relays.