Schoenfeld 161V Small Block Chevy High Veloctiy IMCA Headers
Chevy Small Block V8, Chassis Header Tube Type, Temporary Paint, Standard Flange Style, Steel
Races are won by the guy who gets off the corner best. Torque is what gets your car moving, and the right header is one key ingredient in developing race-winning torque. These high-velocity headers from Schoenfeld are designed to boost torque, and will fit standard-port Small Block Chevy V8s in IMCA-type chassis.
- High-velocity stepped header design engineered to boost torque
- Quality construction
- 1-5/8"-1-3/4" Primary
- 3-1/2" Collector
- Gaskets and bolts included
Header Dimension Chart (There is no "C" dimension for these headers.)
- For standard-port or Vortec-style Small Block Chevy heads (not "D" port or spread port)
- Designed for IMCA type chassis
- 1-5/8" - 1-3/4" stepped primaries
- 3-1/2 x 8" collector
- Total length from outer edge of the flange = 18.25"
- Total length from outside of tube to opposite tube = 17.00"
- From front of flange to end of collector = 19.5"
- Collector length = 7.75"
- From bottom of flange to bottom of header tubes = 6.25"
- From bottom of flange to top of header tubes = 2.75"
NotesThe paint on Schoenfeld headers protects them after the manufacturing process and during shipping - it is not designed as a final finish. It is recommended that this protective paint be stripped and a high heat coating/paint designed for use on headers.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Which size of headers should I use? Short or long tube headers? Etc. Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new engine deserves new all new exhaust. Be sure to have a look at our rundown on selecting the best setup for headers, exhaust, and mufflers here.