RideTech 11290311 1965-66 Impala Coilover System w/ TQ Upgrade
65-66 Chevy Impala, Mono Tube Shock Type, Polyurethane Bushing Material, Hardware Included
The system contains front upper and lower StrongArms, front & rear MuscleBars, front HQ Series Coil-Overs, rear Upper and lower StrongArms with Adjustable upper and Panhard Bar, rear HQ Series Coil-Overs shocks. The benefit of buying a complete suspension system is that it takes all of the guesswork out when purchasing a new suspension. RideTech has spent hours collecting data to find a perfect spring rate and components for your vehicle's performance and ride quality.
1965-1966 Chevy "B" Body includes Impala, Bel Air, Biscayne & Caprice.
- Upper StrongArms feature corrected ball joint angles and the upper ball joint has been moved back to allow for additional caster setting to improve high-speed stability and steering feel. They are powder coated satin black and fully assembled with ball joints, bushing and cross shafts, ready for installation.
- Lower StrongArms feature a double sheer lower mount for increased strength. They are powder coated satin black and fully assembled with ball joints, bushing and cross shafts, ready for installation.
- HQ Series Coil-Overs utilize an impact forged aluminum body and Monotube design to deliver excellent ride quality and handling. They allow fine-tuning of the ride quality and handling via the rebound knob is located at the top of the shock for under hood access. They come standard with a 1,000,0001 Mile Warranty. Hyperco springs are used to provide a consistent spring rate that will last a lifetime.
- Front & Rear MucleBar Sway Bars helps reduce body roll and includes the PosiLink endlinks that provide immediate engagement between the chassis and control arms. The Rear Adjustable MuscleBar allows for fine-tuning by sliding the arm on the bar to increase or decrease rate.
- Rear StrongArms provide added strength to help get the power to the pavement. They utilize R-Joint Technology to provide smooth operation and reduce roll bind. The lower arms feature a double sheer mount for the coil-overs locating them in place of the stock springs, keeping the load where is belongs. The upper arm and panhard bar are adjustable, allowing the axle to be centered and pinion angle to be set.
For customers who are looking to wring out every last bit of performance from their car, a single rebound adjustment might not provide enough fine-tuning, so we also offer our TQ (Track Quality) racing shocks. TQ Series shocks are full of racing technology and build quality, and just like the HQ shocks, they will take whatever you can throw at them on the track or the street.
The advantage of the TQ shock is additional adjustment of compression in both high speed and low-speed ranges. This extra level of adjustment can turn a good handling car or truck into an amazing handling car or truck. Do you need the extra adjustment? Well, that is one of the trickiest questions we have to answer around here at Ridetech.
3-way adjustable TQ Series shocks from Ridetech provide more adjustment but also require more forethought to dial-in correctly. For racer’s chasing that extra 5%, TQ Series shocks are the way to go.
Typically, the driver who “needs” triple adjustable shocks has reached a point on the car or truck where they have maxed out the performance in every other area – and we don’t just mean the hardware. Driver experience and understanding of suspension control is the most important factor when determining the suitability of a triple adjustable shock. In fact, until the driver has reached a point where they are skilled at diagnosing and tuning suspension dynamics with shocks, they may very well find themselves struggling with the additional adjustments and actually making things significantly more difficult to dial in a car or truck to where they want it.
For the drivers who are willing to invest the extra effort of utilizing the high and low-speed compression adjustment, the Ridetech TQ Series triple adjustable racing shocks can dial in the car or truck to the next level of performance – either on the track or on the road. By isolating the high and low-speed compression, the driver gains the ability to adjust how the car reacts to both bumps and road irregularities (high speed), as well as cornering forces (low speed) separately.
The TQ series triple adjustable remote reservoir shocks provide all the tuning and adjustability for even the most serious racer – yet still can be tuned for great on-road ride.
So at the end of the day, what shock is right for you? Well, we are confident you will be happy to have our “racing shocks” on your car, and we would like nothing more than to help you figure out how to dial them in to get your car or truck to ride or handle exactly how you want it to.
Here’s a set of TQ Series Racing shocks being built in Ridetech’s Jasper Indiana Shock Lab.
In fact, if you are the customer who finds yourself trying to extract that extra thousandth-of-a-second on the track, and you think more adjustment or a different kind of adjustment (i.e. more digressive or linear valving) would get you there… Ridetech can handle that, too. Ridetech builds shocks right in Jasper, Indiana and can cook in all kinds of special / race-specific valving to get your ride exactly where you want it to be.
TQ Intake Tech Sheet (PDF)
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for RideTech to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Q & A
Learn the proper method of blocking a race car in this step-by-step procedure to follow when performing this task. Learn why consistency is important and a few "not-to-do's".
Learn about Speedway Motor's Fully Assembled Rear Control Arm Kit and how it saves time and hassle. In this video, Joe and Kyle explain the benefits of this new product.
In this Tech Tip, a returning customer asks for advice on building a front suspension kit for his Model A rat rod.
Step by Step instructions to install a G-comp rear suspension setup.