Richmond Gear 92-0690-2800 Powertrax Ford 9 Inch Locking Differential
Ford 9", Locker Differential Type, 28 Axle Splines
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
The Powertrax Traction System is the latest design in traction adding differential technology. It combines the smooth operation of a limited-slip differential, with the traction performance of a locking differential. A precise synchronization mechanism eliminates the ratcheting sounds typical of other locking differentials. Special gear and spring design reduce the backlash and therefore driveline windup. An ultra-strength alloy material is used throughout, which is 67% stronger than titanium.
Installation is simple because no ring and pinion set-up is required. In addition, no special tools or oils are needed (installs in about one hour). Step by step model specific instructions are provided with every kit.
- Positive traction - full locker
- Delivers engine power to both wheels when coming off the line
- Upgrade and improve your times and your vehicles reputation
- Smooth quiet operation - fully automatic
- Do-it-yourself - installs in about one hour
- No special tools required
- Works for both cars and trucks
- Gives 2-wheel drive trucks the traction power of 4x4s
- Excellent replacement for Trac loc style lockers
- No special gear lube required
- Use 85W-140 in warm climates, 80W-90 in cold climates
Item Details28-tooth, 1957-Up Open Drive
More Like This
Richmond Gear 92-0690-3100 Powertrax Ford 9 Inch Locking Differential
Ford 9 Inch Third Member Assembly, Mini Spool, 28-Spline
Ford 9 Inch Third Member Assembly, Full Spool, 28-Spline
Ford 9 Inch Third Member Assembly, Full Spool, 31-Spline
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Posi Traction Third Member Assembly
All NEW Ford 9 Inch Third Members, Full Spool, 28-Spline
Ford 9 Inch Posi Traction Third Member Assembly
All NEW Ford 9 Inch Third Members, Full Spool, 31-Spline
Ford 9 Inch Posi Differential 3rd Member
Ford 9 Inch Third Member Assembly, Mini Spool, 31-Spline
Q & A
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.
Tim talks about our Winters quick change rear end & components.