Richmond Gear 92-0680-2800 Powertrax Ford 8 Inch Locking Differential
The Powertrax Traction System is the latest design in traction adding differential technology. It combines the smooth operation of a limited-slip differential, with the traction performance of a locking differential. A precise synchronization mechanism eliminates the ratcheting sounds typical of other locking differentials. Special gear and spring design reduce the backlash and therefore driveline windup. An ultra-strength alloy material is used throughout, which is 67% stronger than titanium.
Installation is simple because no ring and pinion set-up is required. In addition, no special tools or oils are needed (installs in about one hour). Step by step model specific instructions are provided with every kit.
- Positive traction - full locker
- Delivers engine power to both wheels when coming off the line
- Upgrade and improve your times and your vehicles reputation
- Smooth quiet operation - fully automatic
- Do-it-yourself - installs in about one hour
- No special tools required
- Works for both cars and trucks
- Gives 2-wheel drive trucks the traction power of 4x4s
- Excellent replacement for Trac loc style lockers
- No special gear lube required
- Use 85W-140 in warm climates, 80W-90 in cold climates
Item Details28-tooth, 1962-1980 Open Drive
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Richmond Gear 92-0690-2800 Powertrax Ford 9 Inch Locking Differential
Richmond Gear 92-0690-3100 Powertrax Ford 9 Inch Locking Differential
Richmond Powertrax Grip Pro Differential, 9 Inch Ford, 31 Spline
Richmond Powertrax Grip Pro Differential, 9 Inch Ford, 28 Spline
Speedway Differential Clutch Rebuild Kit
Speedway Clutch Style Differential, Ford 9 Inch, 31 Spline
Speedway Clutch Style Differential, Ford 9 Inch, 28 Spline
Yukon Gear YDGGM8.2-3-28-1 Duragrip Positraction Unit, GM 8.2
Yukon Gear YDGGM8.5-3-28-1 DuraGrip Positraction Unit, GM 8.5
Yukon Gear YPKF9-S-31-4 Standard Open Spider Gear Kit 9 inch Ford
Q & A
Read up on GM 10 bolt ring and pinion installation instructions. Follow along as our employee Zach installs a GM 10 bolt rebuild kit from Motive Gear.
Need help with rear end identification for your classic car? Learn how to identify 9 inch Ford housings and how to measure your axle with our diagrams.