Rebuilt T-Bird Power Steering Rack & Pinion for Mustang II Crossmembers
80-93 Ford, 82-92 Lincoln, 80-88 Mercury, Power Rack Type
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
This power steering rack & pinion unit fits aftermarket Mustang II crossmembers. This power rack is a rebuilt OEM 1982-88 Thunderbird unit with 9/16"-18 and 5/8"-18 O-ring port threads. Uses a 3/4"-36 spline U-joint. Can be used with a Saginaw GM power steering pump without any additional valves or inline pressure regulators.
- Fits aftermarket Mustang II crossmembers
- Rebuilt OEM rack & pinion unit
- Overall width is 45-1/8"
- 15-1/2" mount centers
- Accepts 3/4"-36 spline U-joints
- The power steering unit has 9/16"-18 and 5/8"-18 O-ring style ports. If you have an inverted flare fitting on your existing lines, that will not work.
- The power steering unit can be used with our standard GM pumps 91032922-GM, 91032908-BLK and 91032908-CHR, and with braided hose kit 6174835 or the black rubber hose kit 91032535 when used in conjunction with ORB to -6 AN adapter fittings.
- Applicable Bump Steer Kit # 721-BAX102 now available when application may require.
More Like This
New T-Bird Power Steering Rack & Pinion for Mustang II Crossmembers
T-Bird Steering Rack & Pinion W/ Offset Mount Bushing Kit
Mustang II Power and Manual Rack & Pinions
Speedway Chrome Mustang II Manual Steering Rack & Pinion
Stallard® Micro Sprint Rack and Pinion, SST
Q & A
Today we are installing original style pump, pulleys, brackets, and hoses! Watch as Joe and Zach improve the ratio and make driving the Chevelle easier.
If you're going to buy a horn isn't it nice to know what it sounds like first? That's why Speedway produced a helpful video to hear the differences in the unique horns that we offer.
How and when to service the rack and pinion in your micro sprint. Find out what can happen to your steering if you do not maintain the steering components.
How to install an electronic power steering unit in a micro sprint and the benefits of using power steering. This article includes which parts to use to complete your power steering installation.
This article explains how to install a chrome column shifter into the steering column itself. We will help you determine the length of steering column needed along with all the parts required to get the job done.
Project Chevelle upgrades the 4 drum brakes single master cylinder that was an unfortunate set of boxes checked on this Chevelle’s order sheet.
Project Chevelle undergoes front suspension upgrades to minimize feeling every dip and bump in the road. Josh S. walks through the install and quick overview of the tubular control arms and G comp spindles.