Quick Time RM-8059 1949-53 Flathead to T-5/TKO/TR3550 Bellhousing
Ford Flathead V8, T5, TKO, 6.93" Overall Height, Steel, Painted, 23.00 lbs. Weight
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
These strong, lightweight steel bellhousings are just the ticket for installing a Mustang T5, Tremec TKO 500/600, or TR3550 manual transmission behind your 1949-53 Ford Flathead V8 engine. The compact design allows the bellhousing to fit in tight quarters and will accommodate up to a 10-1/2" clutch. Set up to use a clutch fork and release bearing, but can also be used with hydraulic release bearings.
NOTE: Must be used with Speedway starter 91067465 (standard block) or Powermaster 91067475 (French block).
T-5 and Adapter Tech Tips (Link)
- 1949-1953 Ford 8BA Flathead V8
- 1949-1953 Mercury 8CM Flathead V8
- Includes two adapter rings for bearing collars and aluminum adapter to allow starter bolt up.
- Trans bore = 4.850"/4.910"
- Universal shifter fork brackets for diaphragm or cable operated linkage. Supplied with pivots for several Ford clutch release arms, including a pivot ball for a Mustang-style arm using a "pull" cable.
- Pivot ball, shifter brackets, full engine plate and grade 8 bolts included.
NotesFits '49-'53 engines with a 112 tooth flywheel. Requires starter 91067465/91067470. Includes various pivots for Ford clutch release arms, including a Mustang-style arm using a "pull" cable.
More Like This
Quick Time RM-6059 1949-53 Flathead to Toploader/T10 Bellhousing
Quick Time RM-5000 Bellhousing, Ford Australian TKO/TR3550/T5
Quick Time RM-6056 Ford FE 352-390-427-428 Steel Bellhousing, T5/TKO
Quick Time RM-8010 Ford 400-429-460 Steel Bellhousing - T5 & TKO
Quick Time RM-6081 Bellhousing, Ford Modular TKO/TR3550/T5
Quick Time RM-6056SFI Bellhousing, FE Big Block Ford TK0/TR3550/T5
Quick Time RM-8025 Bellhousing, Cadillac TKO/TR3550/T5
Quick Time RM-6080 Bellhousing, Ford Modular TKO/TR3550/T5
Quick Time RM-6064 Bellhousing, Chevy TKO/TR3550/T5
Quick Time RM-6074 Bellhousing, Big Block Mopar TKO/TR3550/T5
Q & A
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.
Follow Tim as he swaps tail housings and covers on a T-5 transmission
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back to talk Ford Automatic OverDrive Kickdown brackets and kits.
Learn how to install our new Muscle Car Shifters from Lokar.