QA1 JJ-11233 Dirt Late Model Carbon Fiber Driveshaft, 38 In, No Yoke
3.20" Overall Diameter, Carbon Fiber, Balanced, Assembled, 3.2" XMA Driveshaft Style
Changing track conditions don't have to affect your performance. That's why QA1 offers two carbon fiber driveshaft options for super late models, limited late models, and Wissota and IMCA dirt late models. While both provide unmatched performance on any track, they each have their unique features designed to provide extra benefits in specific conditions. Our 3.2"" XMA style driveshaft takes advantage of rough conditions, providing extra alignment to avoid binding, whiles the 2.25"" driveshaft utilizes TractionTwist™ technology to get better traction on slick tracks. Get an even higher edge up on the competition by using both and switching them out based on track conditions.
Specifically engineered for tacky or rough conditions, the 3.2” dirt late model carbon fiber driveshafts offer extreme U-joint misalignment (XMA). The tube on this shaft has a higher torsional stiffness that results in less twist, which is great for heavy, fast, or rough tracks where traction isn’t limited. The XMA style provides more U-joint misalignment than other designs on the market, and this prevents binding near the pinion yoke, allows more rear suspension articulation and provides more clearance under deceleration, which is especially critical when the car is “on the bars” during corner entry.
QA1 specially winds the driveshafts with 3M™ Matrix Resin that is exclusive to QA1 driveshafts. 3M™ Matrix Resin uses spherical nanoscale silica that provides improved abrasion resistance and longevity, higher compressive strength and minimal water absorption for increased torque capacity and longevity. This resin is what gives a QA1 driveshaft its distinctive blue tint.
The driveshafts have a uniform wall thickness created by optimum fiber lay up that ensures high RPM stability as well as extreme torque capacities. A thoroughly engineered surface protection is used to withstand extreme racing environments and provide a worry-free performance. These driveshafts also feature Spicer Life Series® Universal Joints that are high strength alloy and provide durability, high torque capacity and are sealed for maximum strength and no maintenance. The forged yokes are precision CNC machined and are specially developed for QA1’s 11 step bonding procedure that ensures a better balance and minimal material waste.
- Prevents binding near the pinion yoke
- More rear suspension articulation
- More clearance under deceleration - especially critical when the car is ""on the bars"" during corner entry
- Made with 3M™ Matrix Resin for improved abrasion resistance, longevity and higher strength
- Spicer Life Series® U-joints come standard for their durability and high torque capacity and are sealed for maximum strength and no maintenance
- Precision balanced
- Track Tested and proven
- Lighter, stiffer, stronger and safer than steel or aluminum driveshafts
- Available in a variety of lengths and with or without a slip yoke
- 38" overall length
- Does NOT include 8" slilp yoke
- Made in the U.S.A.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 15 business days for QA1 to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Q & A
Tim talks about our Ford banjo rear end open drive conversion kit.
Speedway Motors employee Pat talks about how to measure your drive yoke for the proper universal joint.
In this article, Jeff provides tips on how to successfully install a custom length driveshaft into his 1967 Chevelle. This guide explains how to take accurate measurements while choosing your specific length, slip yoke, and u-joints for a perfect fit.
In this tech article, we show you how to measure the working angles on your drive shaft to ensure long life out of your U-joints.