The 28 Series shock is an expanded gas chamber shock that performs well in various track conditions. The expanded gas chamber allows the shock to provide less rod force buildup, giving the driver more feedback compared to a standard monotube shock. The 28 Series is a popular choice for modifieds, late models, super stocks and various other classes. Works best on dry to slightly rough dirt tracks and smooth asphalt tracks.
- 2" O.D. zinc plated steel monotube body
- Expanded gas chamber for increased feel, traction and performance
- Deflective disc valving
- Linear, digressive or super low digressive valving available
- Premium proprietary blend of specially engineered oil to prevent fade
- Racer rebuildable and revalveable for unparalleled repeatability
- Custom valving available
- 100% Dyno tested and serialized
- Made in the USA
Hyperscrew vs. Sealed Hyperscrew (IMCA legal) vs. Schrader Valve
Hyperscrew (28 Series) The hyperscrew equipped shocks have a threaded round port near the bearing end of the shock body. This hole is then sealed with a small screw that has an O-ring built into it, sealing the nitrogen gas pressure inside the shock.
Sealed Hyperscrew (28A Series)
The 28A Series shocks feature a sealed hyperscrew. The gas pressure of these shocks is only adjustable by QA1 and QA1 Authorized Rebuilders per sanctioning body, like IMCA, and track rules.
Schrader Valve (28V Series)
With a Schrader valve you can easily adjust your gas pressure. Much like adding air to your car tires, the Schrader valve allows you to make "on the fly" gas pressure adjustments between heat races and features to adjust for varying track conditions.